“The main lodge is newly rehabbed, A-1”
Review of Three Bear Lodge

Three Bear Lodge
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was alarmed by some of the rough reviews of Three Bear...Asked for, and received a nice room in the main lodge building, and it was first class, roomy, clean, everything worked, and aside from kids running up and down the hall to the pool, quiet. The lodge restaurant does a good job, too.

Room Tip: I do not have any experience with the outer wings, or motel area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Three Bear Lodge

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We really had a wonderful time here in the three bear lodge, the room we got was at the lodge with a private balcony which my husband loves since he can just go there and smoke without going down the hotel. The room was very clean especially the bathroom and this is coming from me who is a clean freak. the staff at the reception area who check us in was pleasant enough. The beds are adorable just like the pictures even my little girl love the three bears picture in the headboard. The parking at the back is just a stairway up to our room. The lodge is very near to the town center and you can just walk circles to where you want to check out the restaurants and the shops for souvenirs. would want to come back to the lodge a little bit pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: book at the new lodge and as early as you can to get a lower price
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I booked our vacation package after visiting a booth at the 2010 AARP
convention in Orlando. I worked with a West Yellowstone Tour and Travel
adviser named Traci and she was great. For $512 @ my husband, sister
and I had 5 nights in a two bedroom suite in a remodeled rustic lodge, 5
breakfasts and I prime rib dinner in the hotels restaurant and three
full day tours (Yellowstone's Lower Loop, Upper Loop and the Grand
Tetons and Jackson Hole) including lunch on each tour.
My husband is handicapped and they had mistakenly booked us into an
upstairs room but within minutes fixed their error with deluxe
accommodations on the first floor. The lodge was beautifully appointed
and the restaurant food was delicious and ample.
The two young women who were our tour directors were friendly,
informative and even pushed my husband in his wheel chair anyplace that
was wheel chair accessible.
The scenery was incredible, wildlife bountiful, and the best 55th
anniversary celebration we could have imagined. I would highly
recommend both Three Bear Lodge and West Yellowstone Tour and Travel.
It is a great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

What you see in the picture is not what you get. we were sent to a back alley, no sidewalks, gravel to walk on, little buildings that looked like a garage with flat roofs, horrible looking place. Our luggage was delivered in back of pickup truck, a first for everyone in our group. We could not wait for morning to come and leave there. A hole cut in wall with outside air unit. The view from our window was old building with screen door hanging off, paint peeling. Never again would we book this hotel, is the comment our group leader said the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank connie58856
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel charged my credit card after I had already paid cash for the entire bill!!!
I paid cash for the entire cost of the room (after having paid the deposit via credit card when I booked the room). I gave them $300 and got a small amount of change. Of course, they ask for a credit card for "incidental expenses". When I got home, I looked at my credit card account on line and discovered they charged part of the cost of the room on my credit card. I immediately called the hotel and they said I only paid PART of the bill in cash. They have no record of the other $200 in cash that I paid!! They were not understanding at all!!!
Unfortunately for me, I cannot find my receipt, now that the trip is over. I will now have to pay an additional $177 on my credit card because I was naive and not smart enough to save all my receipts!
The room was very nice, but my whole experience is soured by this fraud.

2  Thank Liz N
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We found this to be a nice hotel with a lot of the amenities one expects from one of the more upscale chains. The staff was helpful and courteous. We enjoyed the beds and the linens. The kids loved the pool. Our only complaint was the air conditioning system in the room, which didn't work well. Apparently, this complaint is well know to the staff. They told us to only run the unit on low, not auto or high, and don't turn the temp below 68. Even then, the unit cut on and off and really failed to cool our room. The final suggestion was to "open the windows, that works wonders."

1  Thank Rutman
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family stayed in the older motel section of the resort, but the lobby/hotel section was very nice and quiet as well. Our room was spacious and the beds were great (and this is coming from someone who is very particular about beds!) The resort restaurant had tasty selections at a great price, and as a guest, you get breakfast coupons and kids eat free. Everything is within walking distance of the hotel....diners, grocery store, and souvenir shops. We had a wonderful vacation and we would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Book early!
1  Thank sdunston