“A 50's malt shop vibe”

Canyon Street Grill
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasadena
“A 50's malt shop vibe”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I had a bread bowl with homemade soup and it was excellent. My group also had the recommended burger and fries which was also pretty good. Our service was just iffy, but I watch the other servers and they seemed pretty into their job of taking care of tired and cranky travelers.

Salt Lake City, UT
“Horrible food, terrible service, but cute diner.”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My wife and I were wandering the street and it looked like a cute 50's diner. Once we entered we were seated and given menus, told that our server would be there in a minute. 15 minutes later she came to take our order... 20 minutes later our food arrived, and it was a joke. My wife's fried shrip was simply disgusting. They didn't de-vein anything, just dropped it in batter then the frier. I had a burger, which wasn't bad, but the salad that accompanied it was simply the iceberg salad you buy at the grocery store in the bag... and it was brown and wilty. Ranch dressing was watered down. We spilt a chocolate shake at the end, which was sub par. The bill of course came to nearly $30, which is expected for a town like this.

he server ignored us for the most part, the meal was horrible (neither of us finished it), and the price is steep. It's worth a couple extra dollars to go anywhere else (or a few less dollars to visit McDonalds or Dairy Queen.

1 Thank McTopher
Strasburg, Colorado
“We called from our phone to get someone...”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We called from our phone to get someone to wait on us after twenty minutes then we waited an hour for our food before leaving empty handed. Terrible waitress..called me a comedian for calling but with three hungry kids I wasn't joking and I am not now either.

2 Thank ridou
Barrie, Canada
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

On their menu it warns that their service is slow and if you'd like to find another restaurant that's quicker, they'd be happy to oblige. I'd take them up on their offer. Not only was service exceedingly slow but the burger I got was awful. I was excited when I first saw the fresh bun, lettuce and tomato, but the meat patty was thin, dry, and tasteless. I should have just thrown it out and eaten a lovely lettuce and tomato sandwich instead.
And the fries were teeny little shoestring fries that tasted like they went straight from the freezer to an Easy Bake Oven. Yuck.
For a restaurant that prides itself on classic old-time quality, it sucked pretty large.
The entire time we were there our server was chatting it up with some folks seated near the kitchen. We figured it was the owners or managers or something. Whoever they were, they should apologize to me for wasting my money!

1 Thank CeeGunn
Lincoln, NE
“Good Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The Canyon Street Grill is a cute 50s reminiscent diner in West Yellowstone. The food was good, but it seemed overpriced for the amount of food that you get. The service was good but for the money, I would have rather gone somewhere else.