“Fun Bar - Great Food - Great Lake View”
Review of Happy Hour Bar

Happy Hour Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We went for dinner and drinks because we were staying at the motel across the road. The steak dinner was excellent and the drinks were great too. The service was great and very friendly!

There are newer reviews for Happy Hour Bar

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Food - burgers and sweet potato fries were the apparent sweet spot. Wings - oops. Atmosphere - funky, artifact filled old bar. Nice view from the deck over Hebgen Lake. Deranged looking drunk at bar who had to be sweet-talked out of the place gave the place a bit of an edge and fear factor and would have had me concerned had the family been there with me. Waitress was fun and amusing. Choose the polaroid wall carefully, one side is a 100+ serving of bare-chested ladies, the other the "full cheeks" profile of another large group of visitors and fans of the joint - again, depending on your view of what is family appropriate this may not be your spot. Run from anything that says "shrimp." High priced steaks and a scary looking salad bar drove us to stick with burgers and fries. Ultimate verdict: Pass. But I would guess it is a crapshoot as to what your experience would be, so if a risk-taker, go for it. You may enjoy it thoroughly. But food-wise, stick to the basics, advice which will serve you well in any of the West Yellowstone dining establishments. Try the bar-b-q stand in the parking lot near the entrance to Yellowstone.

2  Thank NedZeppelin
Reviewed June 26, 2011

From the Chicago area and Happy Hour has the BEST steaks I have ever eaten ANYWHERE!!!!

2  Thank Cory1987
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We actually got the recommendation to go to this place from a local in West Yellowstone when I asked him where the best burgers in town were. He didn't even hesitate to recommend the Happy Hour Bar, so we went.

The food was excellent, the drinks were cold, and the wall of boob polaroids left me needing a cold shower. Don't worry, the wife never caught me looking.

Cannot recommend enough.

1  Thank elfergi
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The wife and I stayed across the street at the Hebgen Lake Mountain Inn for six nights, each night, except for one night (big mistake), we ate at the Happy Hour Bar. Seeing the reviews in Trip Advisor that the food is the best, I was really hoping for a treat. The first night I ordered the rib eye steak, it was huge and very tender. The wife order the Happy Hour steak, each of our meals included salad, corn on the cob, garlic toast and either bake potatoes, sweet potatoes fries, regular fries, or my favorite onion rings. For dessert we had the huckleberry cheese cake, which was homemade by one of the staff at the bar.

After dinner we had drinks, which were very reasonably prices compared to the drinks in West Yellowstone. The best thing was the other patrons in the bar whether they were local folks or vacationers they were very friendly and we were able to strike a up a conversation with them each night. We even played wii bowling two nights with the patrons and the staff. Really felt I was back in English pub when I was stationed in England, years ago while in the Air Force.

So, each night when went down to the saloon for dinner and drinks, each night my wife and I would try a different meal and a different flavor of homemade cheese cake and each night we would meet a new set of friends. We have been home for one night now and we already miss the Happy Hour bar. Thanks to the staff for treating us so nicely.

1  Thank electricglide91