“Great food and ambiance!”

The Branch Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Westward expansion brought rail travel and ranches to the Continental Divide, where cowboys (and today’s national park visitors) could live the dream of a horizon-free lifestyle. Inspired by the natural beauty of Yellowstone, the Branch Restaurant celebrates “Open Range Cuisine” where beef and game dishes are infused with local flavor and enjoyed with a selection of regional microbrews and hand-crafted premium cocktails. A selection of tasty vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.The restaurant boasts casual attire, seats on a first-come-first-served basis and does not accept reservations. Children's menus and box lunches are available. The Branch Restaurant & Bar is the ideal locale to enjoy a delicious dinner while recounting the day's exploration of Yellowstone National Park.Open daily, year-round.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We discovered this place as we explored West Yellowstone....the train cars in the lobby caught our attention! This was part of a holiday Inn and was a nice change from the usual burgers, buffalo burgers and chicken menu. This restaurant had a large dining room that was full service and a very nice sized bar area that served small meals until 5 and then also offered the dinner menu. Dress was casual, the waiters and waitresses were very pleasant, service was excellent and there was a great selection of entrees! I had a haddock meal that was quite good and my spouse had a salad topped with smoked trout that was also very good. We actually returned here later in the week for a vegetarian corn fritter with heartland tomato that was quite tasty. would definitely recommend and BE SURE to walk through the old train cars in the lobby!! They are very interesting!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband I went to the bar twice while we were in West Yellowstone. Both times (around 3pm) it was empty. The bartenders were great! The Huckleberry Lemon Drop was excellent! One of the best I have had. The nachos were so so, cheese not totally melted. We also had the spinach dip which was good.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We (four of us) went from restaurant to restaurant looking for food OTHER than steak, sandwiches, burgers, and fries. After 5 failed menu readings we happened upon the Holiday Inn's Branch Restaurant and Bar. Their menu offered "real" food. With very low expectations we decided to give it a try. WHOA! We all ordered the bison pot roast. To die for! We are picky about GOOD food! WE got EXCELLENT food. Our server was delightful! The atmosphere was great. Best REAL non-burger/french fry meal in West Yellowstone! (Although I am sure their burgers are top-notch as well).

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The restaurant had nice ambiance and the menu looked lovely. As others seem to have noted, the wait staff isn't too well trained. After seating me, the hostess lurked behind a screen and seemingly observed me (someone else?). I don't know.. but when I caught her eye she jerked away and returned to her post at the entrance. The waiter was hurried and didn't seem to know the beer menu at all and didn't offer to go ask the bartender or such.

Also, when in cattle country, stick to the beef entrees. I ordered "grilled salmon". I barely got the order out of my mouth when the waiter started to rush off. "Excuse me! Do i get a choice of how the salmon comes cooked?"

Waiter: "uh.... it comes grilled."
Me: "yes, but medium rare? medium well?"
Waiter: **silence**
Me: "Or do you just get what you get?"
Waiter: **silence**
Me: "Ok... I'll take it however the chef sends it to me."
Waiter: "yea... ok"

I got well done (ie, DRY) salmon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really enjoyed this place...casual but professional service...food was more than Ok and a great beer selection from local breweries..also a cool 1903 train car in the lobby.