“Great service, Good Food.”

Three Bear Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Three Bear Restaurant has been serving visitors to Yellowstone for nearly 30 years in it's current location. With a family friendly menu, we offer everything from salads and sandwiches to steak and seafood. Our breakfast will get you ready for the day. Choose from a full menu of breakfast favorites including made-to-order omelets and made from scratch pancakes. Be sure to look around at the pictures around the restaurant showing Yellowstone in another era. Our lodge next door has more exciting history and photos to share.
Springfield, Illinois
“Great service, Good Food.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was 1 of 2 restaurants we ate at in West Yellowstone (if my memory serves me correctly) so I don't have much to compare it to in the area. The service was great, definitely no complaints there. I enjoyed the trout, but I don't think I would get it again as I didn't get much bang-for-the-buck. My family seemed to enjoy their meals, but I don't think it left a lasting impression as other restaurants in our travels have. The salad bar was nice. I would eat here again, but not without trying other restaurants beforehand to see if I missed something better.

All in all:
Service: 4
Food: 3 (most importantly)
Value: 3
Atmosphere: 3

• Visited July 2013

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Good chicken”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a "homey" place. Service was very attentive. Chicken was tasty, with mashed potatoes. Menu seemed to have basic offerings which was what we wre in mood for.

• Visited June 2014
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Great service and food.”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Three Bear was a great recommendation by the owners of the motel we were staying at in West Yellowstone. My husband and I were going to order the bison roast, but our waitress, Andrea suggested we order something else if we did not like our meat well done, as the bison was cooked too long. She provided us with excellent service and checked on us routinely during the meal. We appreciated her friendliness and efforts to ensure we had an enjoyable experience dining at the Three Bear. Try the game meat here, and the desserts!

• Visited June 2014
Akershus, Norway
“Really hit the spot”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After seeing big game animals all day we really wanted to eat some. Although the review for Three Bear weren't fantastic we thought we would give it a try. I was really please to see a nice salad bar when we enter. I had the bison burger and my husband had the elk medallions. For dessert I had the Three Bear Brownie and my husband had the warm chocolate cake both of which were excellent but we probably could had done with one dessert. If you are in West Yellowstone definitely give Three Bears a try.

• Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“Small but tasty salad bar, large dinner portions”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We came here because I saw a review that salad bar! I was a bit annoyed when I was told I could visit it "once" with my meal, and found salad plates the size of saucers for a cup of coffee... BUT.. once the dinner arrived, I could see why the portions for salad were a small side as the dinner was huge and I ended up eating only half the chicken breast! The dinner was two large breasts which were very very tender and tasty, although extremely salty. I asked for a side of green beans and they were fresh, very garlicky as promised and I was happy! I did finish my salad and realized had I had an unlimited amount I would have left more of my dinner, so we agreed we would return again, which we did the next night!

My husband had the broasted chicken, described as tasting and looking like friend, but cooked in a pressure cooker? I don't quite know how they made it although I have a suspicion it was flash fried and then cooked in the pressure... doesn't matter, it was really tasty and also a huge portion, which he happily finished. The french fries are really flavorful as is the baked potato, which is deep fried? Husband didn't eat the skin although he said it tasted good. The salad bar actually, although small, was very fresh and kept very nice and clean. The second night my husband had the salad and soup bar and the plate was a platter, ha! He really enjoyed it although he said the jello wasn't the "real jello" and he missed the softness and great taste. Second night I had the grilled chicken sandwich and the chicken was just as good, but still salty. We not only would return, we probably will again tonight. Service was good and friendly and booths comfortable

• Visited May 2014