“Lovely no nonsense place!”

Three Bear Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Three Bear Restaurant has been serving visitors to Yellowstone for nearly 30 years in it's current location. With a family friendly menu, we offer everything from salads and sandwiches to steak and seafood. Our breakfast will get you ready for the day. Choose from a full menu of breakfast favorites including made-to-order omelets and made from scratch pancakes. Be sure to look around at the pictures around the restaurant showing Yellowstone in another era. Our lodge next door has more exciting history and photos to share.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Although the rating on Tripadvisor was not that high,we thought to give it a try because it was within walking distance of our hotel.
in summary: Good food, nice price and service minded staff.
Both fish and meat dishes were very enjoyable.
No gourmet/special place but a lovely place to have a "regular dinner" during a 3 week vacation in the US!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was such a fun breakfast place. The whole family loved it. Home cooked, yummy meal after a lot of not great meals. The biscuits are amazing!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Breakfast was not at all amazing. The decor was cute - and Kelsey our waitress was ok.

Next time may just get a coffee to go

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on our last night in West Yellowstone and it blew the competition out of the water. First off, we chose this place because we were looking for something that wasn't outlandishly priced (W. Yellowstone is crazy expensive). I ordered the roasted chicken with mac and cheese and absolutely loved it. When I asked the waitress what "broasted chicken" was, she compared it to the chicken at KFC, but let me tell you, it was far better than KFC! When she brought it out, there were 4 pieces, 3 of then thighs!!! The mac and cheese was the best I've ever had and I LOVE mac n cheese! I also got to make one trip to the salad bar as one of my side options. Would definitely recommend this place. Amazing food and service.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Once we were seated by a nice young man, our waitress did not appear at our table for 15 minutes. She promptly took our order and we promptly waited 30 minutes to get our food. After we received our food, both mine and my son's food was cold. We ordered their bison ribeye for $27 and a chicken fried bison for $21. Both were served with baked potatoes. Mine had the green beans and my son had Mac & cheese. All of our food was cold. When I called the waitress over and told her the problem, she took the food back to the kitchen. This is where it gets good. She came back to the table to ask us if we wanted the whole meal redone or just microwave what we had already had!!! But it gets better (or worse, depending on your perspective,). My son & I decided that this was not the restaurant for us and were fixing to leave when the manager showed up. He acknowledged that he was informed of the situation. When I explained to him that the food was brought out cold, he stated that all of their food is picked up by the waitress within 1 to 2 minutes of "hitting the line". I pointed out to him that it clearly had not in our case and stated that it was "ice cold" when it was brought out. He stated that "he wasn't calling me a liar but I find to hard to believe that it was "ice cold"". Of course, anyone would know that I was embellishing at this point & I am pretty sure that he called me a liar. I then stated "fine we will just leave", at which point he stated that it was their company policy not to comp meals. I never asked him to comp our meal. While I am walking out of the restaurant, he follows me and states "oh yeah, ice cold like it's out of a freezer." I responded to him but i won't post that here. He then stated that he didn't need our business anyway. Believe me that he will never get my business and if you're smart, he won't get your's either.

1  Thank phhager