“Best in west”
Review of Wild West Pizzeria

Wild West Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Anthony, ID
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in west”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This restaurant is the best place to eat in West Yellowstone. When we camp in Yellowstone, 6-7 times a year, we always and only eat at Wild West Pizza. We live about 90mi from West Yellowstone, so we go there on day trips and never eat anywhere else. Their pizza is great........but I usually have the lasagna or pasta with meatballs. My wife always has the macaroni and cheese, the best ever. As we leave, we order a take&bake pizza to have at home the next night. When you come here, do not limit yourself just to their great pizza!

1 Thank cottrell1951

Mantova
“Stay away”
Reviewed November 13, 2008

My experience there was terrible.
I went there with my wife when there was now crowd. Only five guests before us. I ordered my pizza and payed with my credit card. The casher suggested me 5 dollars tip. A bit pricy, expecially considering it was before the service. Then we started waiting for our pizza. While waiting we had plenty of time looking around and finding that the table and the surrounding were not so clean! After half an hour I asked where my pizza was. Having no other guests except the five I mentioned, I thought that the service will be a sppedy one. But they deliver to outside costumers, that evidently, have a preferred lane. Finally arrived the pizzas of the other guests. Then, after more than 40 minutes arrived mine. I asked to have my tip back, in cash. They assured me, not very politely, that they'll not charge my card with the tip. I knew that it was a fleble hope, but, after my return in Italy I checked the credit card bill. The tip was there, fully charged.
About the quality of the pizza, it was so-so, to be fair! And I know how pizza should be, being Italian.

1 Thank VolpiVolpi
wwps, owner at Wild West Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 16, 2009
This costumer is lying in this review. We never tell our costumers to tip us. Why would a costumer ask how much he should tip anyways? That's always up to the costumer not us. I have shown all of my employees this review and no one can remember this costumer. We are a small operation with counter service. We have the attitude that you are only as good as your last service. Everyone deserves the best. This costumer did not understand that we have much more seating in the bar we are connected to and we deliver pizza to the entire town. I highly dought this costumer waited 40 minutes with the restaurant empty. I know it can feel like that long when you are hungry. We have groups from all over the world come here and when the italian groups travling together come to Yellowstone they visit Wild West more than one night. I think this had expectations of fast food and we are not a fast food establishment. The counter service set up does make many costumer expect that. Great food takes time. To tell people to stay away would keep them away from one of the only good places to eat in town and absolutly the best pizza.
Missoula, MT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good You Can Eat It Everyday”
Reviewed October 27, 2008

We travel to Yellowstone every year, and Wild West is on the "must go to" destination list every year. The first time we went we saw all of the Polaroids and pictures on the wall of people from all over the country--several of them signing "Best pizza we've ever had" and "best pizza anywhere". Our cynical 'yeah right' skepticism was soon overcome by the meal that was served to us. Somehow in this small far away corner of the world we had eaten the best pizza we have ever had. Without a second thought we were back the next night. Complementing our meals, is the friendly staff, who if in a rare quiet moment may come chat about the day, pizza, or life in a small town. On our last visit a few weeks back all three dinners came from Wild West. Helpful hint: on a cold day--sit far from the door--or next to one of the old school heaters.

1 Thank GrizFans
NH
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We ordered takeout from Wild West Pizza on our first night in West Yellowstone. Our hotel had a menu and we thought we'd order it, pick it up and eat in our room. The pizza was great (some of the best we've had, even in NY), salads were fresh, and our order was ready when we got there (less than 15 min.)

1 Thank softfoot
London, UK
“So, So”
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Not a promising start when the "Garden Salad" starter was almost exclusively lettuce - I counted two other leaves that were not lettuce. Their home made Balsamic was also far too dominated by its obvious vinegar taste.

The three of us tried and swapped the following -
Doc Holiday - the best of the three. Reasonably well balanced and enjoyable.
Calamity Jane - acceptable but far too bland.
Blazing Saddle - very hot but otherwise ok - just.

A common observation for all three pizzas - cooked too quickly with a suggestion of some undercooked ingredients. Service was also second rate and indifferent. Overall rating is barely average and not good enough to recommend.

1 Thank Norman U