“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Timberline Cafe

Timberline Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Timberline Cafe is where western hospitality meets your grandmother's home cooking. We pride ourselves on the highest quality ingredients (Certified Angus Beef, anyone?) and made-from-scratch goodness on our soups, sauces, addicting hand-cut fries and award-winning pies. We proudly brew local Morning Glory coffee, and we're thrilled to now offer free Wi-Fi to our customers. We look forward to serving you and your family soon!
Watertown, Tennessee
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Food was good but took a little longer than we preferred to get our food. Seemed like a nice local food place.

Visited June 2014

Gardiner
“Nice Salad Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have eaten here many times. The prices are expensive but it is West Yellowstone right? The staff is friendly and the food is good. We were glad to find a salad bar with our meal. I would recommend this restaurant. Great location.

• Visited June 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate here a couple of times during our week stay. Service was good. The absolute best homemade marinara sauce I've ever had. Delicious!

Visited June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“location, location, lo..WOW that's good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

OK, you are probably going here because it's right in a GREAT spot and it makes sense. Me too! My expectations were low. However I suggest you get the salmon. I have no idea what kind of sweet poison it was cooked with, but I could drink that sauce with a straw! Fish was flaky and delicious as well. My friends enjoyed their dishes as well and our table was visited by the manager and when I commented on the salmon the cook came out to thank me!. It's a very quaint dining room too, you kinda feel like your at grandma's house. Especially if Gramma likes to hit the bottle from time to time. So I say go because of the food and service but take in the bonus of the awesome locale while you are there as well!

• Visited July 2014
Seattle
“Too early for trout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Ideally, one would expect to find fresh trout available next to Yellowstone National Park. Fresh as in a rainbow trout, right out of the Madison River.

Alas, I don't believe that's legal (to commercially fish a river in a National Park, despite the fact that rainbows are invasives (meaning non-native) in the Yellowstone ecosystem and they would like all the rainbows to be eradicated.) Were it legal, there would be no fish, period. They'd all have been poached out years ago.
And in this case, as in the case everywhere, most trout you find on the menu is farmed.
No matter, I wanted trout..but we got to the Timberline too early for trout, which is served only for dinner.
No problem.
I ordered the fish and chips off their lunch menu. It was perfectly cooked, real Alaskan cod, not a triangular fish patty made of mystery fish (or worse, the rolls of 'fish' that you get these days that is mostly deep fat fried dough with fish flavor.) The fries were okay. They were obviously out of a frozen food box, but still, they were hot, dry, and tasty.
My husband had the bison burger and pronounced it 'okay'. The salad bar was a bit of a disappointment, in that it really had very few choices for additions to your lettuce other than your typical shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, etc. The most exotic thing in the salad bar was beets, and I really don't know anyone who puts beets on their salad.
But the service was prompt, cheerful and professional, the bathroom was clean and well stocked, and the motif was 'rustic'.

• Visited June 2014