“great place!!”
Review of Pine Shadows Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Pine Shadows Motel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Richmond, Virginia
“great place!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

very nice condo., it seemed very new and the layout was great!! rented snowmobiles from there( high country) and had a great time!! the beds were very nice. would highly recommened to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ziggy-monster

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Three of us stayed at the Pine Shadows before and after a backpacking trip in Yellowstone. They have at least one room with three double beds and one single bed; perfect accommodations for three or four individuals. Comfortable room, friendly hosts, and a decent value for the money -- check it out!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank QuailHiker
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were helpful and the condo was ideal for us and with a fully equipped kitchen we were able to have some good home cooked meals here. The little boy also slept well and once he was asleep we could chill out downstairs.
The place was walkable to the town and nearby park, which was good for your 2yo. Being close the park we were usually in there by about 8.30 am.
Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank David W
minnesota
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was our second visit to west yellowstone and staying at Pine Shadows Motel and again we have no complaints. The condo was everything we needed and plenty of room. Clean, Clean and Clean. The owners are super people, they really turned this place around from years ago and were told they will be re-doing the motel part of the property in the next month..good luck to them and if you're looking for a clean and friendly place, Pine Shadow is the place to stay. FYI, photo on Trip advisor doesn't do this place justice...alot better looking place. The sign is the old one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jtr060780
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for a trip to Yellowstone NP. The room was very clean and had a fridge, microwave, and desk that I could put my computer. The bed was clean and comfortable, although there was no alarm clock... Bathroom was clean as well... a bit small but nothing too bad... the area was very quiet and I felt secure there. Internet worked fine. It was about a 3 or 4 minute drive into town where the restaurants and shops were... not too bad, but do not expect to walk to these places from the motel. Town is on the way to the park, so you can grab coffee in the morning or bring back dinner with little effort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank natl_parker
Napa, California
Reviewed June 17, 2011

First the positives... I got a very decent rate on the room for the area. Well at least I think I did since they don't post the rates on their website. I had to call for a rate. There was a decent size refrigerator and microwave in the room. There was free wifi. That worked fine.
The people were very nice and helpful. There was a laundry room and bbq grills out front. It's close to the west entrance of YNP but so are all the other hotels and motels. From what I can see it did appear clean. I felt comfortable and safe that the owners did live on the premises. It was a very, very basic room that is fine if you just need a place to sleep and will not spend much time in the room.

For the Negatives..... Perhaps the condo's are much nicer but the motel portion needs a lot of work! I booked a queen bed type room since I was traveling solo. The room was spacious enough for one person but it can definitely use a lot of updating. First off since I was spending more then one night here I wanted to unpack a little. Of course I had clothing that needed some ironing. The irons and ironing boards were in the guest laundry building across the parking lot. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to iron there or take the iron and board to my room. The ironing boards were locked open so I couldn't collapse it. I ended up just carrying it to my room open and then returning everything when I was done.

The bathroom was extremely tiny. It looks they they put in a new shower but it was too big for the size of the bathroom. Getting in and out was difficult. You could not leave the bathroom door open and open the shower door at the same time. The lighting was awful in the bathroom. In addition, they didn't have an electrical outlet in the bathroom to use a blow dryer. In fact, the outlets were very few. There was one for the microwave and refrigerator. Another by the door which the floor lamp was plugged into. I used the second outlet for my camera battery charger which I had to switch out with my cell phone charger. Then there was one near the desk which the television and desk lamp was plugged into. Finally one somewhere behind the bed but the lamp above the bed was plugged into that. I couldn't move the bed so I couldn't get to the second one. To blow dry my hair I used the outlet by the door where I was about 10 feet from the mirror above the desk. Getting up as early as I did even opening the curtains wouldn't bring in enough light to see so I had to leave the lamps plugged in.

The bed was comfortable enough except that the lamp above it was right there. It also made me nervous that the pillows were right on the electric cord for that lamp when sleeping. I had visions of the lamp falling on my head while asleep.

They are located "away" from the main portion of the town and you could walk to the main streets but it would be more then a few blocks. It was just easier to drive.

Overall the room could use a good update! There was one picture on the wall. The bathroom was so tiny I didn't have anywhere to put my toiletry bag. One thing that somewhat "turned me off" was that the gal at the reception desk made a comment that if I didn't want maid service to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door. It was as if she was hinting for me to do it. I was also concerned about the gutter right above my room where my rental car was parked. There was a lot of water draining from it in that one spot and this wasn't even at the end of the building. I didn't know how much water was up there but I had visions of it breaking away from the building and smashing into the rental car. That would have been an interesting story for the rental car company.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again. I normally like to support independent hotels/motels because of the personal touch but this one really could use an update. Like the saying goes... you get what you pay for. Perhaps if they gutted the place and started fresh. It felt old and was dingy. As frugal as I am, I would spend a few more dollars and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for whatever discount you can get....