The Moose Creek Inn was not our first choice when we booked into West Yellowstone. We actually were a bit apprehensive about what to expect in a town of 1,300, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
This is an older two story motel that has been updated, an ongoing process for the couple that owns the facility. The rooms are quite small but clean, comfortable with a local decor, almost cutesy. The owners and their daughter were on the premises everyday and were able to provide us with local information. The location couldn't have been better for our jaunts into Yellowstone Park, just a few blocks to the west entrance.
We did enjoy sitting outside the room at a small table and having coffee in the mornings, planning our days, and then off to the park.
Even though this wasn't our originally our first choice, it is now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moose Creek Inn is family owned and operated, located just 3 blocks from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, in the town of West Yellowstone, Montana. The west entrance is the most favorable entrance to visiting many of Yellowstone Park's most scenic features such as Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Yellowstone Lake, and Norris Geyser Basin. Moose Creek Inn is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and more. Book one of our clean and cozy rooms for your Yellowstone vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Moose Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moose Creek Inn Hotel West Yellowstone
- American West Yellowstone