“Boston Loves Freeheel!”
Review of Freeheel and Wheel

Freeheel and Wheel
More attraction details
Owner description: Freeheel and Wheel is your trailhead to adventure. We specialize in bicycling, cross country skiing, and offer the latest in fashions and accessories. We are located 1/2 block from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Come in and have a seat at our espresso bar and let us help you plan your next outdoor adventure. Welcome to your home away from home!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Let me tell you - this is funny! My boss visited West Yellowstone a couple of weeks before I did, and he told me that Freeheel has the best coffee. That was one of the first places we visited on our way into the Park. The girls at Freeheel are so nice and friendly, and the coffee is excellent. I loved their selection of clothing and merchandise. Highly recommend it!

1  Thank ruffles1
There are newer reviews for Freeheel and Wheel

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Real friendly and helpful staff. The bikes were in a good condition and we spend a wonderful time exploring the nearby trails. Just a pity the Park was closed (due to government shutdown). They serve the best coffee in town too!

1  Thank travelwithme53
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was in the middle of a 1800 mile bike tour from Jasper in Alberta Canada to Denver Colorado when my chain started to slip out of gear in a way that's typical when the chain is stretched.

There were no bike stores where I was at in rural Montana. I had the names of two shops in West Yellowstone and I picked the other shop in town, called ahead, and asked him to order the very specific chain that goes on my bike & to expedite the delivery and gave him a credit card to pay for everything in advance. He ordered the wrong chain.

I left that shop and went over to Freeheel & Wheel but I was assuming my trip was over. The bike had become unridable. The chain had stretched so badly that by the time I arrived at their door the bike would not stay in gear in the 2-7 cogs in the cassette for more than 20 seconds. I have a Campy Chorus 11 speed grouppo on the bike & the possibility of someone in West Yellowstone having a suitable chain seemed pretty low.

The mechanic (Melissa) looked it over & thought that it was possible the Shimano 10sp chain they had in stock might work well enough to get me down to Jackson. It was not easy to get the thing to shift properly, but she kept working at it until it was right. And when she was finished it was so right I didn't feel I needed to stop in Jackson, I just kept on riding and completed the trip on that chain and it didn't give me any problem.

If you need a bike shop in West Yellowstone this is the one to go to.

Pete Meltzer
Zionsville, Pa.

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Such amazing service! We rented two great mountain bikes and had a wonderful day mt biking on some local trails. Everyone was a great help and it felt like friends who were giving advice and renting out the gear. I loved the coffee shop in the store as well! Very fun! Hope to be back, maybe in the winter!!

1  Thank Redheadink
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We just returned from riding our bikes in west yellowstone when my tire blew out. As we were walking up to the store a young man asked if we needed help and my husband told him we had to get a new tire for my bike. He had just gotten off work but went in and fixed us up with new tires. He went above and beyond his job to help us out. A very nice young man and so helpful.

1  Thank sharon o