“Fun place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It's a bar that the locals seem to do more drinking than eating. So the service for food might not be as fast as you'd like but it's just as fast as anywhere I went in west. But what surprised us was we loved the food. Bison Brat was my favorite thing in west and waffle fries are legit. Oh yea also great place to watch the game

1  Thank stlcardsno1
There are newer reviews for The Buffalo Bar

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is definitely a local hang out but my husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal here. I had a black & bleu salad and my husband had a skirt steak sandwich. Both were out of this world. A definite must when in West Yellowstone.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Been in West Yellowstone many times but this was my first visit. My local friends invited me and I was glad I accepted. To me the atmosphere is nothing special. The Burger was awesome and a nice surprise was the waffle fries that are one of the side choices. The other is chips. Who wants chips when you can have these incredible waffle fries. Fried to perfection. Crunchy on the outside but not burnt! The Shrimp Tacos are one of my friends favorites! She recommends them every time. There you go! Two good choices and did I mention the beer is cold!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed a block away from the Buffalo Bar in September. The atmosphere was modern and they had plenty of TVs to watch football on.

I enjoyed the fish tacos and the pork handles (or whatever they are called-- I believe they are braised then fried bite size pork shanks that are like chicken wings). The beers were a nice selection, although a "special" was a $3.00 Moose Drool that ended up being just a bottle at an almost 300% markup. Ugh. I could buy a six pack down the street for $7.50. You shouldn't have to totally bilk people visiting West Yellowstone. I could understand charging more for something exotic like seafood, but Missoula Montana beer isn't exactly distant or scarce.

Otherwise, the service was good and the place was welcoming.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have no idea what the food is like, as we left after 40 minutes of waiting to even have our order taken. We opted to leave as there were 10-12 other tables plus guests at the bar that still hadn't received their food since we arrived - or also hadn't had their order taken. We witnessed only one person serving all of the guests as both bartender & waiter - crazy!!!