“Food is good, prices are high”
Review of Slippery Otter Pub

Slippery Otter Pub
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Food and service were good. Prices were high for burgers and pizza but this is a tourist town. iPad ordering system meant our drinks were appearing as we continued with our order - impressive!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It started by our party of 9 being sat in booth for 6 at the most. We were told by our waiter that he was hard of hearing so we were shouting our orders and of course what happens one of the orders was wrong. My Mom had ordered the BBQ chicken pizza and they brought out a Hawaiian after saying that is not what we ordered he took the pizza back and all the ktichen did was throw some cold chicken on top of the hawaiian, it wasn't even melted into the cheese. My Mom was not happy she stated it wasn't what she ordered and didn't even have BBQ sauce on it. Our waiter took the pizza back again as well as a Bison Burger someone else in our party had ordered that was raw. We told him that we would like the corrected food to go since the rest of our party was done eating by this time. It was then that he came back to our table to state that he would like us to come to the kitchen to look at the pizza because it did have BBQ sauce on it. Regardless if it did or not it didn't taste good. We asked to speak with the manager who then came over and started arguing with us in front of the whole restaurant. When I told her we just wanted our check and to leave she stated she couldn't wait for us to leave either. I don't know how this place stays in business with management and staff like this. If this woman is kept in charge I'm sure the Slippery Otter will not be there by the time we return to West Yellowstone which is 2-3 times per year.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!! I have never been treated the way I was by an establishment like I was by this one and to too it off by the manager and she said owner but when I see pictures of the owner that's not this person who was claiming to be. Also watch out when u complain its turned around that its all ur fault and how dare u complain about my restraunt !!! First off we should have walked out when we seen it wasn't as busy as the rest of the eateries in west Yellowstone. Second this place will not stay in business long with there service and manager . If I was the owner I would seriously take a look at my staff before u go out of business . I have never had a manager put her hands on me and get mad cause I tell her not to put her hands on me. I have never hand a person come tell us we r wrong and then make sure to tell us we r wrong. U made a Hawaiian pizza and then instead of remaking it u had chicken and bacon to top. FYI BBQ pizza comes with BBQ sauce!!! There beer menu half of they don't carry , menu is limited, and service sucks. Don't waste ur money and I hope they learn how to treat customers and that's who pays there bills.

2  Thank Annie1111111111
Casey M, Owner at Slippery Otter Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

My staff and I work to give all our customers a great experience, and we value the meaningful feedback we receive in every review--good and bad. However, the experience described in this review does not align with the experience of either my staff or the other patrons who were in the restaurant on that night.

Just as we do with all customers, we tried to meet all of this reviewer's requests, and we were happy to remake her food when it was not to her liking. I am sorry that our efforts did not match her expectations, and I wish that we could have made her experience more pleasurable. However, regardless of our efforts, this customer grew extremely agitated and belligerent, eventually shouting swear words and abuse at me, at my mother, and at my employees, even those who had not previously interacted with her. We were fearful that she would become violent, so we did not touch her or even approach too near her, though we did call the police and we informed her of that when we asked her to leave immediately. Continuing to make a scene, she left before the police arrived, and my staff proceeded to apologize to our other customers for this reviewer's abusive and frightening outburst.

I regret that this reviewer had a bad experience, as I dearly wish that all of our customers have a good time. However, because this review misrepresents and omits key aspects of that night, I hope that other users will disregard her comments and rely instead on the other reviews--good and bad--posted to this site.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great thin crust pizza and a huge selection of micro brew beers. I think Wild West Pizza may have finally been upstaged for the best pizza and beer in town. We both had the cold smoke ale and a great white pizza. They have other things on the menu which we have not tried yet.

Our service was good and the pizza was made promptly.

I will return.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a great experience at this restaurant! The waitress was excellent and right on the ball!! Husband had the steak and I had the Chicken Greek Salad. Awesome Food. The restaurant is very wide open and quite loud however it is a pub setting so that is to be expected.