“Rip Off”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Isleton, California
“Rip Off”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just ordered a small pizza and 2 beers. What a rip off. The pizza which was the size of a personal pizza cost $14.00 and $5.50 for a pint of beer. When we entered the restaurant we didnt know if we should wait to be seated or seat ourselves. After waiting for about 5 minutes and several workers walking by we decided to seat ourselves. We were disappointed in the cost, the service and the taste.

• Visited July 2013

“Just great food and service!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to find good places to eat in west Yellowstone after looking around town, but we did find a few. This place was just great. We ate there 2 times during our stay. The first time we shared a pizza. It was made with fresh ingredients just like Old Chicago's if you've ever been there. The next time I had the buffalo burger without cheese and my wife had the chicken salad with balsamic vinegar. My burger was the best buffalo burger I've ever had. The meat was moist and was grilled to perfection. My wife said her salad was awesome. Also, if you like micro beers there's a good selection too. I went for the "Old Faithful" and was quite good. I think next time I'd go for the white Belgium next time around. All in all, the food is great and the service was good too! The menu is small, but sometimes when they concentrate on just a few items they excel, and this place does.

Visited July 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Glad we didn't get sick...”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After a really good visit to this place prior to the remodel, we visited again recently at around 8 pm. We were seated quickly and the server was pleasant, but when our pizza arrived, it smelled like cigarettes. Our pizza loving kids didn't even like it. We won't be back.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Noisy - but good beer!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Noisy, crowded, decent food and good beer! I would like to rate this higher, but the limited food selection (they definitely wanted you to get pizza) and noise doesn't allow.

We went twice (because of the beer). The burgers were great and the pizza was ... well.. basic pizza.

Visited July 2013
Fruita CO
“Drafts galore & salads on the frontier (yeah!)”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A fresh re-do combining the pub (same name, across town) into the space of the 'Wolf Pack Brew Pub' on the main drag...attractive design, nice art on the walls and a great selection of good beer. I've found interesting salads hard to find in the Yellowstone area...but not here! Mr. Excitement (husband) liked the Greek and I tried the Kale...yes, baby kale on the frontier! Whodathunkit?! My idea of health food is a salad AND a good beer. Liked the 'Cold Smoke' Amber from Missoula. The husband, a confirmed carnivore, had a bison burger with sweet potato fries...the taste I shared was really good. Staffers were speedy & courteous.

Bar staples which I generally avoid were a pleasant surprise. The Jalapeno 'poppers' were made with really good cheese and were not just the 'take you head off' hot pepper-n-cheese food product so many pubs serve..crispy little wontons...yummy!!. Another at our table had a pizza...tasty thin crust with lots of designer ingredients. The 'Slippery Otter' offers a variety of traditional & novel food...with great beer, and a wine list.

The place was pretty busy as July IS the height of the summer season. All kinds of visitors, many with kids, scarfing up pepperoni at a rapid rate, amusing themselves with the trivia questions on the back of the menu. (How fast DOES an otter swim?) It's a fun atmosphere. I took my elderly parents there on Sunday- a lot quieter & easier to have a conversation. They like the food and wine. A nice addition to West Yellowstone's fare...we'll be back ;)

1 Thank edustin