“Fun at the Rodeo”
Review of Yellowstone Rodeo

Yellowstone Rodeo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

So this seemed to me a small tourist rodeo. I have never been to the rodeo before this and had no idea there were rules or anything. The cowboys and cowgirls barely managed to lasso a cow the whole evening. For $15 dollars, unsure what to expect, not understanding the rules and the serious lack of lassoing anything you could expect some disappointment but this was a really fun night of proper Americana experience. If you want to experience some cliche tourist stuff this is a must experience. Worth every dollar.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you are looking for a small-town, quaint, child-friendly rodeo, then this is the one! We went on the 4th of July so it was packed, but the crowd and announcer were lively and the riders had fun. It does have substantial local advertising but that is pretty well blended into the fray, and overall it is short, enjoyable, and action-packed. They let the kids from age 4 up participate in a get-dirty kind of calf chase which was a big hit with my children. And the sunsets at the end of the rodeo are world-class from this location over the Montana mountains...

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Being from Texas, I wanted my kids to experience an authentic rodeo in a small western town. The Wild West Yellowstone Rodeo was very cute and perfect for the setting. You could tell the announcer had been doing this a long time and was having fun with it. I got a sense that the rodeo participants were all local "regulars" that took turns in the events. They had a cute kid's calf scramble where all the kids tried to pull the ribbon off it's tail. There was not much action in the rodeo part but the show part was great fun. My kids loved it! We did end up going to the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo at the end of our trip just so I could show my kids what a professional rodeo was like (which, by the way, was cheaper than this one).

1  Thank 4foolsofwonder
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This rodeo would only be entertaining if you have no idea what a rodeo is supposed to be. My partner and I were road-tripping across the country and we decided to see this because we both enjoy rodeos and wanted to see a "real montana rodeo." This was a poor choice. To say it's not a professional rodeo is an understatement. from the looks of it, it was everyone's first time. and the mc announced at least 60 sponsors, effectively talking more about the other things to do in west yellowstone than the rodeo he was announcing; and effectively making me wish i was at ANY OF THOSE 60 OPTIONS! if it was free i would say go check it out. but $15 is a gross waste of your money. AND they do not sell beer.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We visited this rodeo 5 years ago and loved it, so came back again when we visited Yellowstone again, and were not disappointed. You are really close to the action and it is much less commercialised than the Cody Night Rodeo (where we had gone two nights earlier and a horse and calf had been killed). This rodeo was very well organised and we enjoyed chatting to the locals.