“VERY Small Town Rodeo”

76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“VERY Small Town Rodeo”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Being from Texas, I wanted my kids to experience an authentic rodeo in a small western town. The Wild West Yellowstone Rodeo was very cute and perfect for the setting. You could tell the announcer had been doing this a long time and was having fun with it. I got a sense that the rodeo participants were all local "regulars" that took turns in the events. They had a cute kid's calf scramble where all the kids tried to pull the ribbon off it's tail. There was not much action in the rodeo part but the show part was great fun. My kids loved it! We did end up going to the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo at the end of our trip just so I could show my kids what a professional rodeo was like (which, by the way, was cheaper than this one).

1 Thank 4foolsofwonder

Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BAD rodeo”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This rodeo would only be entertaining if you have no idea what a rodeo is supposed to be. My partner and I were road-tripping across the country and we decided to see this because we both enjoy rodeos and wanted to see a "real montana rodeo." This was a poor choice. To say it's not a professional rodeo is an understatement. from the looks of it, it was everyone's first time. and the mc announced at least 60 sponsors, effectively talking more about the other things to do in west yellowstone than the rodeo he was announcing; and effectively making me wish i was at ANY OF THOSE 60 OPTIONS! if it was free i would say go check it out. but $15 is a gross waste of your money. AND they do not sell beer.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Fantastic local rodeo”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We visited this rodeo 5 years ago and loved it, so came back again when we visited Yellowstone again, and were not disappointed. You are really close to the action and it is much less commercialised than the Cody Night Rodeo (where we had gone two nights earlier and a horse and calf had been killed). This rodeo was very well organised and we enjoyed chatting to the locals.

Baltimore, Maryland
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A nice diversion; not a pro rodeo”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

For $15, we got a nice hour and a half of entertainment, but this rodeo is best for young (under 10) kids who get to participate. The staff is energetic and fun. Take a jacket because even though the day was hot, it got cold after sunset.

Bristow, Virginia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“Worst Rodeo Ever”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Do not waste your $15 on this unless you want to be bored to death and have your hearing blown by the two loud obnoixious announcer. I have been to numerous rodeo events (PBR, Finals in Vegas to smaller rodeos) and this was the worse ever! There was only one bareback rider, a handful of bronc and bull riders. The roping was terrible (just have to get the rope around the calf neck -- no tying of the legs) and no steer wrestling. Cowboys have to start somewhere on the circuit but this is ridicoulous. The seats are very hard wood blechers. The announcer and music is so loud my ears hurt. The whole production was an embarrasement.