“Worst Hotel Ever!”

Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Verdigre, Nebraska
“Worst Hotel Ever!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was dirty. The locks on the doors had been broken and we did not feel safe. It was incredibly noisy when people walked in the room above. The only positive thing was the location. We would NOT recommend this place to anyone! This place is sooooo overpriced!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, do not stay in the separate annex.
2 Thank wvakoc
RLB1954, Owner at White Buffalo Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
While we accept and appreciate all guest reviews, this one seem a bit over the top. "Worst Hotel Ever?" To borrow a phrase from Napoleon Dynomite: "Like how could you even know that?" I hope prospective guests read the other reviews before accepting any one as entirely accurate. I think a cross section is a better gauge. If guests have an issue at the hotel, we strongly encourage them to talk with management to resolve them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the car show we attend. They put the car people on the second floor facing the park we had the show in. How awesome! We could see our car even when we went back to the hotel. Breakfast was great! All you can eat buffet. If you have kids they have a movie every night. Rooms were very large and the price was not! Some people have complained about Internet. I had absolutely no problem with it. My ipad was very happy. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank My65falcon
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Parking was great, staff was super friendly. The breakfast was really good as well. Highly recommended. The only negative was that the wi-fi there was terrible, though if you're going to West Yellowstone to be online, you're doing it wrong.

3 Thank Sean L
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had a great time at the hotel. I wanted someplace clean and safe to sleep between trips into Yellowstone. It was minutes away from the entrance and any shops or restaurants I wanted to go to were within walking distance. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed the breakfast. It was great to be able to be able to eat and then head straight to the park.

Although I didn't come with children this time, I liked that that they showed complimentary kids movies at night. That and the pool at the hotel and park across the street gives more options to entertain kids for no additional money (which is a big deal on vacations).

I will definitely stay there again!

3 Thank Laura L
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday, July 20th. We had two rooms and 5 in our party. The price was very competitive during this VERY busy peak Yellowstone season. I was actually surprised that we were able to secure two rooms with less than a week's notice. Parking was good and the hotel sits across from a park, so it's nice to sit outside and not have to be facing another hotel.

I wasn't sure what to expect before we arrived since this is an older hotel. I was plesantly surprised! The lobby area is decorated in a Western theme and is very welcoming. The front desk clerks were friendly, despite our late arrival (10p). I was also pleased that each room included 2 full HOT breakfasts. As are most older hotels, the rooms were VERY spacious and included a mini-frig, coffee maker & microwave.

The beds were decent, as were the pillows. Not top of the line (really can't expect that) and the mattresses adequate. Enough for a good night's rest. The bathroom suprised me the most! Even with hotel overhauls, the bathrooms usually remain the scary part. Not here! The tiled bathtub surround's grout was clean as was the rest of the bathroom. The best part for me were the fluffy towels! Hotel towels are usually scratchy and thin...but these weren't.

Breakfast was available from 7a-10a and it was GREAT. Fruit cocktail, yogurt, granola, 4 dry cereals, two options for scrambled eggs (with and without ham), bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, biscuits & gravy, toast & cinnamon rolls. I think there might have been more, but I can't remember. There was coffee, tea, milk, and two juices available as well.

We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. They also have a HUGE hot tub...nearly the size of the small pool. It appeared that the deck was in decent shape as well.

I would definitely stay here again and next time, I hope to be there long enough to enjoy the pool and a nice walk around town.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank S F
Vermilion, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were staying at another motel, but, because there was no breakfast offered at our motel, they recommended eating at the White Buffalo. There was a $9 breakfast buffet that was awesome. It was very extensive - eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, potatoes, pancakes, cold cereal, toast, coffee, orange/apple/cranberry juices. The staff were very good at making sure it was topped up and hot. Also, the waiting area in the front of the hotel was very nicely done up with a lot of wood work. It was very clean and inviting. A block off of main street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen K
Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel fit the bill for our trip to Yellowstone. They provided a hot buffet breakfast. The only issue was the bus-full of people that arrived for breakfast both mornings. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends