“Great Hotel, friendly staff, & family friendly.”

White Buffalo Hotel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Hotel, friendly staff, & family friendly.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our family stayed at White Buffalo Hotel and we had a fun time! The Hotel had a snack bar, a movie theatre, and a really nice hot tub & pool. My children loved it, and the staff was fun and very friendly. This Hotel had a huge yummy breakfast, and BIG rooms. The Hotel's location is very close to Yellowstone, which made it a Hotel we will visit again, and again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RLB1954, Owner at White Buffalo Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Wow. Short and sweet. What a great review. I love these real high reviews and hope we are doing enough to deserve them, but I know that this was very kind on the part of this guest. We have been working hard since we bought the hotel (less than a year ago) and will continue to do so so that all of our guests have a great experience. The motto for our staff now says it all; "Our purpose and passion is to generate a positive guest experience." Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
West Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great stay, close to town, friendly employees, BEST BREAKFAST in TOWN, September is a great time to visit the park. Great weather, lots of animals to see and a comfortable stay at the White Buffalo.accross from city park.nice pool

Room Tip: don't forget your swim suite!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

after booking in at a motel across the street and then having an altercation with a very rude manager we left and decided to look for somewhere else and we found this hotel minutes after leaving the other.. So glad we did. Reception staff very helpful, what a difference from the other place. A very friendly reception staff member found us a lovely room, and breakfast was included. Excellent breakfast good choice of hot and cold food, coffee, tea, juices etc. plenty to keep you going. Would definately stay here again and recommend it. Room rate excellent in fact cheaper than the other place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had a great time staying at the White Buffalo Hotel! It was perfect for my family! We were very comfortable and our room was nice and spacious and clean. The staff is welcoming and friendly. The breakfast food is delicious and had a nice variety of foods to eat. We also enjoyed swimming in the heated pool and hot tub. I liked that the hotel has an on-site movie theatre! This is a very cool feature! The location is awesome and only a couple minutes from the Yellowstone National Park. I would definitely recomend staying at the White Buffalo Hotel.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed October 20, 2012

There were several things that my wife and I really liked about our stay. It was very family friendly! There was a play room for the kids, a pool and even a movie room where they play a good quality family flick in the evenings. The breakfast was really good too. There was also a large open park just on the other side of the road which was great to let the kids get some energy out. And to top it all off, it was was conveniently close to Yellowstone.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great location in proximity to all convenieces in the town of West Yellowstone and the park. Many family friendly amenities such as playroom, snack bar, reading room and theater are a nice. All basic amenities are provided and the staff was friendly and welcoming after I made a long journey from New York to Montana. The outstanding buffet after a good night's sleep prepared me well for a long day of activity in Yellowstone park. I followed this up with a soak in the lovely outdoor pool/hot tub each night. I was completely satisfied with the value offered at this establishment and there were none of the problems from the earlier reviews that I could see, so it seems the new ownership is having good effect.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

You won't find a better bang for your buck in West Yellowstone. The full breakfast alone was worth the stay. With plenty of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, you won't go away hungry. Before my stay, I read the reviews and noticed some pretty negative ones. Before those negative reviews persuade you to look elsewhere, keep in mind that the hotel is under new ownership as of a few months ago. I was able to talk to the new owner and get an overview of some of the major changes that he has made. I honestly believe that this hotel is one of the best values you'll find in West Yellowstone.

My room was clean and comfortable with new paint and carpet. The amenities were nice and included a mini-fridge and microwave along with plenty of space to stretch out. The staff were super-friendly and always available to help. The movie theater, snack room, and play room were huge hits with my kids. The free wi-fi was nice and worked without any issues. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms away from the pool area are nice and quiet.