“Awesome Lesson!”

Yellowstone Big Gun Fun
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Big Gun Fun is an indoor shooting range located at the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. We offer rentals of machine guns, handguns, and rifles to provide our customers and their entire families with a safe and fun activity they'll remember for their entire lives.
Layton, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Lesson!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Knowing how to safely handle and/or shoot a weapon is a life skill no one should be without. Like swimming, you never know when you'll need to know how. Thanks to Big Gun Fun who taught our teenage girls in a safe environment.

1 Thank MaryJane M

Bozeman, Montana, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Had a blast!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had so much fun here, days later and my husband is still talking about it and bragging to his friends about how awesome it was.

1 Thank Cyrina W
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“They make big guns fun!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A couple of friends and I were in West Yellowstone a few days ago and were driving around looking for something to do, having just finished snowmobiling. We decided to stop for a beer and as we got out of the car noticed Big Gun Fun across the street so we decided to stop in there instead.

I kind of expected that it would be the kind of place where the primary goal was to separate the tourists from their money but I was wrong. Both Beverly and Eric were friendly and extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. They have a lot of different guns to choose from including various pistols, rifles and shotguns. You can fire a Thompson machine gun if you like as well as an M-16 or AK-47. They also have a replica civil war era Gattling gun that looks pretty amazing.

After some discussion, we decided to shoot a Kriss Vector sub-machine gun. Eric took us into the firing range and gave us the run down on gun safety and the operation of this weapon. He gave us a lot of information on how to stand, how to aim and what to do to counter the recoil and not end up firing over the target after the first few shots.

Then, each of us shot this gun and it was pretty impressive. At 30 rounds per second, it was over with pretty quickly but it's something you'll remember for a long time! Eric is very enthusiastic and you can tell he really enjoys all of this. It seemed like he was having just as much fun as we were.

Now that we're home from our snowmobiling trip and people ask how the trip was, one of the first things I say is "well, I had the opportunity to shoot a machine gun!" That usually sparks a pretty good conversation. The only thing I regret is that we didn't shoot the Gatling gun but next time I'm in West Yellowstone...

Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Best Fun!!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stopped in and stayed more than an hour. Owners are knowledgeable and very very safety conscious. I used a Walther, my daughter shot a pink machine gun. The best was my brother in law fired a Thompson rifle. It was a very expensive gun and a part of history. This was my first experience with a firearm and it was an exciting and interesting time. Don't miss Yellowstone Big Gun Fun if you are lucky enough to visit West Yellowstone.

Boise, Idaho
“Best date night EVER!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to West with family and our two kids over Christmas and the grandparents let us have a date night. We went here and it was so much fun!!! I was surprised I enjoyed it so much because I am not entirely what some would call "pro gun". I shot a semi automatic and a pistol after an extensive yet necessary safety lesson. The lesson made me feel completely secure, as did the personal attention the owner paid to my proper positioning. I hadn't felt so exhilarated since I jumped out of a plane in 2001. My husband had so much fun, he told the family the same story about 4 times. Ha. We were both giddy. If you go, go all out, it's worth the money!

Visited December 2013