“Didn't meet my low expectations”

Dude/Round Up Motel
Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this place, but it failed to meet even my low expectations. The room smelled like mildew and the dead bolts on the doors didn't function (on our room or my sister-in-law's). Even better, in the morning we found empty beer bottles under our bed, presumably left over from the previous guest.

The only positive thing I can say about this motel was that the staff at the front desk were friendly and checked us in promptly. Everything else was terrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived after visiting the Yellowstone Park, tired and hot. The receptionist had some trouble understanding us as we did her, her English was poor. The room was quite large but very basic and before I continue, the most expensive we paid during our two night two hotel stay. The bed was comfortable enough but the bathroom door did not have a lock but that did not matter as the door did not close as the frame was warped. Two of the light fixtures were burnt out except the hall way light outside our room which blazed throughout the night and disturbed our sleep. One o the drawers were not cleaned and had some residue of the last residents pot remaining on the bottom of the drawer, nice.. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I you have a choice do not have the room where there is a closed hallway outside running to the next...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Llanishen
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The bed itself was clean. The motel is walking distance to "downtown" West Yellowstone. Our Bathroom door did not close. I spoke to the front desk clerk and she said none of their bathroom door closes. The bed also moves way too much. If one person moves on the bed the other persons feel like you're doing jumping jacks on your side.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Long Day On The Road In High Season Rates. We Were Not Expecting To Even Get A Room, But Surprise One Was Available. FIrst Off This is Not The Best Western Or The Hilton. But It is A PlaceTo SleeP Now The Room CleanlinessI Was Ok. My RulesAre The Bed Has To Be Clean, The Bathroom Has To Be Clean, AndThisHotelMeetThatI Requirement. The Carpet Was Disgusting, But The Remainder Of The Room Was Clean. The Location IsGreat RightDown Town And Blocks From The Entrance To Yellowstone. Overall A Place To Sleep, But I Would Not Make A Reservation Here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

If I can give this place negative stars I would!
This was NOT my hotel of choice to stay, but I came with a tour and they chose this place.

The room was smelly old and outdated and all the furniture were old! And the TV had POOR reception! Lots of channels had white lines running through it.

The carpet in the room was sticky and dirty. And their advertised free Wifi DOES NOT WORK!!

and drum roll: NO WARM WATER FOR SHOWERING! I had to shower in COLD water.

I called the front desk, and the answer the girl gave me was "too many people are showering now, you need to wait 30 mins" I did exactly just that, and the water was still COLD!

That's the minimum, basic requirement for ALL hotels! Hot water for customers to shower! is that too much to ask?!

And there were not enough outlets for people to charge their electronic devices!

JUST GO STAY AT ANOTHER PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dirty, poor condition, and overpriced. For a few dollars more, stay elsewhere.

The linens and towels were threadbare. The curtain didn't cover the window, let alone block the light. There was a metal staircase outside our room and our room shook every time it was used.

There was no hot water. The "free wifi" was nonexistent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank foxtail1
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The shower were dangerous to small children because it would go from cold to scalding hot water in just a few seconds then back to cold. The rooms were nasty and old. The health department really needs to check these shower for the safety of adults and children.

• Stayed: July 2013