“Unbelieveable story!”
Review of Earthquake Lake

Earthquake Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Site of the largest earthquake in Montana's history.
Brevard, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unbelieveable story!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The visitor center gives one a great perspective of what happened when the earthquake struck and created the new lake. It is hard to fathom the events of that day without seeing the before and after photos of the area. A must see if in the area.

Visited June 2011

Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We visited this place and the visitors center was closed, however there was enough posted to make it a worth while stop.

Visited October 2011
Bozeman
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Learn”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband first took me here on our honeymoon. I was really little then. All these years later, he is gone, and I finally get what the earthquake was about. I have since met people whose families died in this quake, and I have a special affinity for the Japan victims. Mother Nature bats last.

Visited October 2011
Connecticut
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“Awesome, just like I remember from my youth”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a highlight of 30 years ago trip to Yellowstone area. This year I bought my teens. Great experience both times. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Good but not a travel destination”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed at West Yellowstone and took off for a half-day outing to Earthquake Lake. The documentary film was good, and it was interesting to see the exposed mountainside and the dead forest poking up above the surface of the lake which was created by the mountain sliding to obstruct the valley floor.

Definitely not that interesting for our children. Probably this place is most interesting for the people who can remember the earthquake which happened in 1959.

Visited June 2011