This was truly an awesome experience and a highlight of our trip. We rented a Deluxe Tent with tepee on the side for the kids and spent two nights. I so want to give this place five stars but there are just a few things that need to improve, and based in our experience with the staff, I am confident this will ocurr. The pros: 1) grounds were gorgeous--kids enjoyed swimming in the Madison River. Comunity fire at night was perfect. 2) tent was fantastic--clean, bed comfortable. Linens refreshed. Wood burning stove worked well. Everyone stayed warm in the 40 degree night. 3) staff was positive and eager to help. Cons: 1) not enough showers. Six showers for 50 camp sites. And if you are far away from the showers, you have a hefty walk to wait in line. 2) the generator for the showers was really loud and annoying for tents close to restrooms. It is turned off by 11 pm though.3) they ran out of coffee in the morning, leaving very crabby guests with no where to get their caffeine fix (5 miles to town.) The poor girl at the reception was by herself so she couldn't run into town to buy some. 4) there is limited capacity for charging electronic devices. The exception arena has an outlet, which they happily allowed us to use, but in peak capacity, this will be an inconvenience.
Suggestions for Improvement:
1) look into a larger coffee service. The girls at the desk were frantically making coffee and hot water throughout the morning while trying to help other guests register/check ou.They could not keep up with demand.
2) more showers. Even though people are camping and should expect to wait in line, for the cost, most people would like the luxury of getting a shower without the line.
3) more staff during peak traffic: Bathrooms linen hampers were overflowing, paper towels out during am. The staff was spread too thin in the morning.
4) Maybe a place to charge devices. I know, it's supposed to be camping, but..
Can't wait to visit again and see all the improvements. Truly a unique and wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine waking up to the sights, sounds and smells of nature in one of the most spectacular places on earth, relaxing in your luxurious safari tent. Comfortable enough to rival a hotel room yet with the great outdoors all around you. If you ever liked the idea of doing the outdoors thing, but didn’t like the idea of roughing it, now you don’t have to! Visit the world famous Yellowstone National Park and enjoy the great outdoors in a way that’s not possible anywhere else. Just 10 minutes from Yellowstone National Park entrance our luxury camp boasts fantastic uninterrupted views, a quiet secluded location, an onsite restaurant, a host of on-site activities, and of course, Yellowstone right on your doorstep. This isn’t camping as we know it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Under Canvas Yellowstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.