“Perfect.”

Under Canvas Yellowstone
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are wonderful...so much nicer than anything that I've ever experienced camping...even nicer than some hotel bathrooms that I've been in. A group of friends and I stayed in a tipi. It was comfortable and pretty spacious. I slept well the whole night through. I would go back again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite. Great big comfy bed, wood burning stove, a seating area and the bathroom in the tent was a plus. Unfortunately the heater for the pipes was not working so the water wasn't warm. After a day of hiking we ended up taking cold showers. Nonetheless, the claw foot tub in the tent was a nice touch as well. Loved the concept of "glamping" under the Montana starlit sky.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a wood burning stove for those chilly nights.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pipsy05
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My mom and I are traveling across the country and I booked us a TP at this place months ago for two nights. I thought the cot was very comfortable and the multiple mummy sleeping bags were warm. My mom however, wanted a motel. So after she couldn't sleep at all the first night, the people at reception were so nice! They upgraded us without a single hesitation. The room we got had a wood burning stove and a king size bed. We both slept very well and left super happy. The setting is fantastic with a 360 degree view of the mountains. These people were super nice. id stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BobandJoAnn, General Manager at Under Canvas Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is the constant feedback from our guests that helps us find ways to do things better. Take care.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Love the outdoors and being surrounded by natural beauty that is surreal? If so, then you owe it to yourself to spend some time at Yellowstone Under Canvas. The mountains, the Montana skies, the meandering stream and willows, with the cranes and geese singing their songs, well it's peaceful and exciting all at the same time. Then add a tent that is out of a dream.
As you approach, you step onto the wooden deck, which continues into your tent to become the floor. Inside you see a beautiful, warm, and cozy interior with a big inviting bed, a wood stove, and comfortable sitting area with a soft rug underfoot. I slept like a baby and awoke ready to explore Yellowstone National Forest, a short ten minute drive from the deck of my safari tent! It was heaven!

Room Tip: Deluxe tents have a view of the creek, but if you can't get one, well all the tents have the ama...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Charlotte J
Jeff F, General Manager at Under Canvas Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the great comments and having the opportunity to serve you during you visit here to Yellowstone. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Again, thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I are pretty adventurous and don't mind roughing it now and again. However, when you're paying 300+ dollars for a "luxury" tent you should expect much better service. The two teenage girls who greeted us at reception were as sweet and polite as they were incompetent and didn't even know the phone number for the reception desk. The wood burning heater in the room would not work, so I had to go to reception and ask Jeff for help. After 45 minutes of cold he walks in with a flamethrower and takes 20 minutes to light the wood. He then assures us that we'd be able to keep the fire going with a measly box of matches. Obviously it didn't work and had it not been for the many sheets we draped over us we certainly would have caught pneumonia!
Great idea, poorly executed. Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gpiacentini

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I do apologize you were uncomfortable at night and my fire skills did not get you through the night. Comments such as yours will help us evolve in all of our skills and knowledge of the local area. Again, thank you and we appreciate your recent visit with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

"Glamping"- what a great experience! If you like the outdoors, beautiful scenery, and great service, but not the sterility of a hotel, this is the place for you. All the pleasures of camping without all the hard work. You don't have to lug stuff around or set anything up. At YUC, you get hot and cold running water, showers, potties you can sit on, and someone to bring you and your luggage to your tent in a golf cart. Nights get cold in Yellowstone, but the wood stove in the tent made it cozy, and keeping the fire going is actually fun. And if your fire goes out, the bedding is way more than enough for a "3 dog night". Made lots of new friends there, staff and other guests. The staff is outstanding and I didn't experience the word "No" from them my entire stay. This is their second year and they are still evolving the concept and are very open to observations by the guests. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Not inexpensive, but the overall experience is worth the price. Upgrade to the Deluxe tent if you ca...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Yellowstone Under Canvas. I am pleased to hear that you loved the concept we offer. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Loved it! It totally exceeded my expectations. This is not a hotel but a comfortable and upgraded version of camping. I don't like tents, sleeping on the floor, putting tents away! This place gave me the camping experience with comfort. They provided us with 3 sleeping bags, even a towel. No camping site gives you that! Staff was amazing!! Location was also great, a short 6 m drive from the west entrance to YNP yet in a beautiful outdoor sitting surrounded by mountains and next to a peaceful river. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BWhe
Jeff F, General Manager at Under Canvas Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to know our staff and facilities exceeded your expectations, we strive for an outstanding level of hospitality when it comes to our new friends staying with us. We hope to see you again in your travels to Yellowstone!