“Nice stop, don't pass it up”

West Yellowstone's City Center Motel
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
RANDOLPH
“Nice stop, don't pass it up”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

As usual I found that the reviews on Trip Advisor are right on the money. Stayed here after the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and touring Yellowstone. We were a group of three couples and upon arrival I was surprised when the woman at the desk greeted me by name. The rooms were clean and comfortable,The bathroom was spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The location was perfect for us. Close to everything and a market across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank EDWARD M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Clean room, comfortable bed and very friendly folks. Everything in my room worked. Short walk to all restaurants, stores and museum. As someone else put it "basic accomodations in an expensive town." I was traveling alone and the City Center Motel served my need perfectly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DaleH444
Reutlingen, Germany
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The motel and the rooms were well maintained.
Christy and Ted at the frontdesk are absolutly friendly and helpful.
Nice tablesoccer, and kitchen with microwave, pans and pots and all the stuff you need for cooking..
Looking forward to coming back again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ThomasPeter2012
Chico, CA
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We chose the City Center Motel based on the Trip Advisor reviews. It was fine for a night's accommodations. The room was older, but it was clean and very large. We found the beds to be comfortable. It was easy to walk to anything in town. We didn't use the large common room, but there was a group that was making good use of the kitchen, televisions and tables in there. The room does not have a phone and the washcloths were falling apart, but otherwise the stay was fine. This motel was a reasonable option in a town of overpriced rooms.

2 Thank where2next2010
BrandinIronInn, Manager at West Yellowstone's City Center Motel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello -
Thank you for choosing the City Center for your lodging needs while you were visiting Yellowstone Park. We appreciate feedback like yours, and the motel has already received new towels. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through town.
Clarkdale, AZ
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed with my four year old daughter. The bed was uncomfortable. The pillows were very poor. I asked for more pillows and was told they had none. For the price, not worth it. I should have spent an extra $30 for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BrandinIronInn, Manager at West Yellowstone's City Center Motel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello -
Thank you for leaving a review for the City Center Motel, and bringing this to our attention. Even though the beds in the rooms are brand new, we understand that there isn't a bed that's a perfect fit for everyone. As for the window latch, we will have it repaired immediately. I hope you enjoyed your time in Yellowstone, and were able to take home some wonderful memories.
Hyrum, UT
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in room 26, with two queen beds for a couple with a teenage son. The hotel is compatible with the town, same environment and considering summer season was much below prices around. Ted and Christy were helpful, informative and vey nice. You have privacy and all you need if you ask. The Wi-Fi worked great, plenty space in the room and a good shower area. There was a squeak in the floor in front the bathroom sink, the toilet was small but we were pleased with the service offered and the walking distance to downtown. We spent the day in the park and came to shower and sleep.
I have read a lot of very good or very bad reviews. I guess it depends of the kind of people you are. If you are going to Yellowstone to have fun and enjoy the beauty, this is a great place, central, close to the West entrance, comfortable and you get what you need with the benefits of a central area. The parking is big enough and you can park fine. Considering the high traffic of people coming in and out, is quiet and enough. There are restaurants, grocery stores and gift shops all around at a walking distance. Considering the absurd prices of food in town, this hotel was a great find.

Room Tip: Take your shampoo, soap and toiletries. Ask for more towels if needed and you get what you request.
1 Thank happyfamilyUT
BrandinIronInn, Manager at West Yellowstone's City Center Motel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for leaving such a nice review for the City Center Motel in West Yellowstone. I think you are absolutely correct that each individual traveler is expecting something different from their stay at a lodging property. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed West Yellowstone, and the location of our motel.
Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family & I traveled by vehicle to Salt Lake City, West Yellowstone, Sheridan, Wy, Rapid City & De Smet South Dakota over 1 1/2 weeks before heading back home. We stayed in 5 different hotels over that time & by far this hotel was the low point of vacation. I didn't want to write such a lousy review for anybody but this was probably the dirtiest motel/hotel I've ever stayed in. I do a lot of research on trip advisor & thought City Center Motel would be fine for just crashing for 2 nights while we were visiting Yellowstone. I was wrong about this one. I tried to keep the costs down because the better hotels wanted $200 a night (very pricey in this area because there is no where else to stay outside of Yellowstone without driving a long way) & I didn't want to spend that much just to crash. This only costs $100 a night. Their website claims this place is newly remodeled. This must have been a mistype because the heat register in the bathroom was hanging off the wall & the chain lock on the motel door was hanging half off which made it useless. The biggest dissappointment was how disgusting the bathroom was when we got there. The place wreaked like animals. I understand this motel lets animals stay but I've stayed at other places with animals & I haven't smelled something this disgusting before. Probally the fact they only charge people $15 for animal cleaning when most hotels charge over $100 to bring an animal. The floor in the bathroom & bathtub had black hair all around it & I'm assuming it was dog hair. I don't know how you clean a bathroom for a guest & miss all the hair & dirt that was in there. My wife hated being there & I just reminded her it was just 2 days & just at night. You know a hotel is a little better when they ask you how your stay was when you check out. I got nothing like that here. I'm telling you to skip this place, spend a few extra bucks & look for something better. I wish someone would have warned me like I'm doing now before I stayed here. Look at the last review before mine & apparently it looks like they had the same experience. Must have been the same room LOL. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Room Tip: Only tip is to skip this hotel!
2 Thank Nick M