“Good location, Decent rooms, great value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
West Yellowstone's City Center Motel
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Logan, Utah
“Good location, Decent rooms, great value”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We spent 3 days in West Yellowstone while touring YNP. We enjoyed our stay in the City Center Motel. It is centrally located in West Yellowstone, and makes a great base for touring Yellowstone National Park. Our room was not deluxe, but was clean and adequate. The motel has a kitchen which we've used several times. All-in-all we think this place is a great value, especially during peak tourist season.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Montana_Rustler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Post Falls ID
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We traveled with a group of people and did not really have a choice where we stayed unless we wanted to stay away from the rest of the folks we were with. We paid $99.00 plus tax per night for a queen double - which was the going rate at several places this time of year. The City Center is owned by someone who owns at least one other of the motels there in town - I learned this when I called to make our reservation and they answered with another motel name and transfered me to City Center.

Ok - the good points - the room and the bathroom was clean. Floors swept, furniture dusted, bathtub scrubbed. And there was a small coffee pot in the room. That's about it.

There are no fridges, microwaves or hair dryers in the rooms. You can go to the office and borrow a hair dryer though - very convenient! There wasn't even the usual pen and note pad, but now that I think of it I don't think there was a phone in the room either.

The floor in our room squeaked badly. Thankfully we were on the ground floor otherwise I would feel bad for anyone who had to sleep in a room below ours.

There are restaurant and community bath type soap dispensers in the bathroom both for the sink and the shower! Talk about cheap - I can believe they couldn't even give us those little bars so soap! And the "hand, body and hair" soap they give is doesn't even lather well.

The only outlet that can be found for charging cell phones and other electronics is in the bathroom. There were only 2 outlets in the room and they were all taken by lights, alarm clock, tv, etc.

The pop machine isn't even plugged in let alone working - why even have it!

There is a kitchen that everyone can use and our group did. The problem with this is that someome had cooked in there (they said was fish and had been burned) and the whole place stunk really bad. Also there was food in the fridge in skillets that had mold growing on it. Several of us put ice cooler packs in the fridge and then discovered that the kitchen (as well as the office) is locked up until 8:00 am in the morning. We had to delay our departure until we could get our things out.

This motel is located in a highly used tourist location - just outside Yellowstone park. I get the feeling that they really don't care about customer service because they know that they will get people to stay there no matter what because at some point and time everything else will be taken and where else are folks going to stay. I know there are at least 9 other establishments there and I will be choosing one of those next time we go.

The people were nice here but as far as guest comforts and amenities I rate them very poor.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 11, 2011

West Yellowstone lodging books up quickly and can be very expensive. I called nine months in advance for reservations and got my second choice! Decided to not stay in the newer and expensive hotels, so opted for this older motel. Well, it was interesting. Would I do it again...probably not...probably would splurge for the newer hotel. The bedding and bathroom were pretty clean. The room was tiny, oh, and did I mention the room was tiny? Carpet wrinkled up and stained. Upholstered chairs were quite stained up as well. Kind of gross. Our window didn't lock so we had them put a board in so it couldn't be opened. The door was another story. It was warped so the dead bolt wouldn't lock...just the knob. Then at night there was a porch light on and we could see light coming in around all four sides of the door! Thankfully no bugs or insects figured it out. The WiFi worked well, and the service/response was well when we had the window lock problem. There are no phones in the room. We were on the main level and the room above us - oh my, they sounded like a herd of elephants...it even woke me when they would roll over in bed during the night. I think the walls and ceilings were about 'paper thick'. Fortunately we were on the end so we didn't have 'neighbors' where the head of our bed was. It did help when we turned on the ventilation unit in the room, although the temperature was pleasant where it didn't need to be on. They do have a 'common area' kitchen which we did use the stove there. They had pans and kitchen utensils available...but no dishes. The parking lot was adequate, but it was quite small too. In general the place was 'tired' and needs updating and TLC. They did give $10 off per night for an AARP discount which we appreciated. We tried to keep the attitude that it beat a tent and it was just a mile from Yellowstone's west entrance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iluv2travel059
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Last minute days off and my daughter and myself wanted to take a road trip, Called West Yellowstone's City Center Motel to book 3 nights to explore Yellowstone Natl Park.
And yes a room was available. When we arrived on Wednesday night very tired, check-in was quick and pleasant. The rooms were clean and cute, (really liked the pictures of vintage West Yellowstone on the wall). The next morning the front desk agent (I think her name was Danielle), gave us helpful hints on the park, breakfast, lunch and dinner suggestions. Every suggestion worked out perfectly, with her help we saw all the sights, And the suggestions for breakfast and dinner was amazing. I also was pleased to find out that they except pets!!! So long story short, I was totaltly happy with our accomadations, and extremely happy with the help we received.Since I was traveling alone with my 12 twelve year old. I felt very safe. So next time I am bringing the whole family including my puppy!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tricia a
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We traveled to West yellowstone this last july and stayed with Danielle and George at the City Center hotel. We could not have been more happy with our room which was very clean. We were also happy to have the community kitchen to use when we needed. The service was excellent and we are looking forward to our trip to the park next year. Thank you Danielle and George for being so nice and thoughful. Something you do not get at so many other places.... It was our best summer experience yet....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We got to stay in one of the large rooms and wow they are huge! We brought the whole family to go to Yellowstone at this place was a great home plate! The people at the front desk were awesome they could recomend all kinds of things to do and boy did they know the best restaurants in town (taco bus) If we needed anything they were happy to get it for us even thought we asked for alot Ha. The room was great lots of room and the bedding was so cute we wanted it for our house! If we ever come back to the yellowstone area we hope to stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole R
great falls, mt
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Extremely filthy...our first room smelled like a kennel, then we got switched and the blankets have never been washed, the towels were covered in stains and/or filth, the toilets didn't flush right, the air conditioner didn't work, the matresses were from the 1980's and when exposed stains were everywhere! and to top it all off the workers were very rude...i waited 20 minutes to be waited on, while he took a phone call that seemed personal...i will NEVER stay here again ...

Room Tip: a different hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family