“Reservations on Internet”

Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
usa
“Reservations on Internet”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I reserved two rooms at Al's on the internet. When we arrived, Marilyn said she did not have an internet site and she had no reservations for us - even though I had a confirmation number. She asked how much the room was ($89) - and she said she could do better than that. She said there were just two rooms left if we wanted them for $69 apiece ( we were traveling with another couple). Marilyn assured us that we would not be charged twice for the rooms if we wanted to stay. The commode in the first room had a serious leak so we had to move upstairs. The second room had a wall heater that did not work very well. It was about 28 degrees that night. One night was enough, yes it is close to Yellowstone but that was about it. Needless to say we were charged twice. After contacting this business I could not get the second charge credited back. I disputed the charge through my credit card. Finally, two months later I was credited for the second charge. Yes the web site is still out there - and yes they take reservations.

5 Thank seatraveler42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ut
Reviewed August 14, 2007

The room was very clean and had comfortable beds. However, the owner was very feisty and not flexible at all (it's the end of the season and she's probably tired of all of the tourists and been in the business too long). You need to check in between 4 and 9 (and no earlier, you can't even get your key early), so we had to completely revamp our days plans to accommodate those hours. We had planned to be in Yellowstone for sunset. We were also surprised that there was no ice maker, it was a hot day and we wanted ice, but had to go into town and buy a bag. The room did have a fan in it.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — owner
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sasaut
Vermont
Reviewed September 6, 2006

We had a very pleasant stay here, but this is not a motel for anyone attached to amenities, like air conditioning or fan or phone, etc. It was warm so we had to keep a window open for ventilation -- luckily, things quieted down around 10PM -- everyone was as tired as we were I guess!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — no fan
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank alaughingdog
Wincheser, Kentucky
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Old but clean and well kept.

Good room rate ($74.80 including the tax) for 4 adults.

This hotel is just outside of Yellowstone National Park.

You have to be there by 9:00 p.m.

There was no air conditioning, but it was not needed.

No smoking is allowed in any of the rooms or even on the property of this hotel.

We would have liked more pillows (2 per each queen size bed provided). We didn't ask for more either.

There were 4 bath towels and 3 wash cloths - we didn't ask for more.

There is no telephone in the room.

Would definately stay at this hotel again due to the rate.

4 Thank Condarosa
new york
Reviewed August 8, 2006

stayed here 3 nights in July based on reviews, I don't think this hotel is that great, it was ok for the price and very close to yellowstone entrance. I had a problem the 1st night because it was very warm and there's no AC. I asked for a fan but the owner/manager said they have none. I was a little upset because when I booked the room she said they have fans available if rooms are too hot. Rooms are pretty basic, no hair dryers, pretty quiet.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank llee36
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Arrived late one night and was lucky enough to find Al's still open. The owner went out of her way to accommodate me in a room that had obviously been recently remodelled, with new furniture. It's unreal, as Yellowstone is right across the road. AM going back this year with my family.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I cancelled my reservation more than a week before my scheduled stay but the staff refuses to refund my deposit. They claim that they never received my message for cancellation. I have the call listed in my phone records but that's not good enough. I'm not that upset about the money - just the dishonest business practice.

• Stayed August 2005