“Awesome place”

Al's Westward Ho Motel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Arrived late one night and was lucky enough to find Al's still open. The owner went out of her way to accommodate me in a room that had obviously been recently remodelled, with new furniture. It's unreal, as Yellowstone is right across the road. AM going back this year with my family.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Seattle
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I cancelled my reservation more than a week before my scheduled stay but the staff refuses to refund my deposit. They claim that they never received my message for cancellation. I have the call listed in my phone records but that's not good enough. I'm not that upset about the money - just the dishonest business practice.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

After spending two miserable nights at the Stage Coach Inn, my wife and I spent two good nights at Al's Westward Ho. Don't let the corny name deter you. The hotel is a great bargain. While it may not have super amenities, our room was very clean, and the staff/owner is very friendly. We even got a little goody bag at check-in. Our room didn't have a phone or an alarm clock, but I found it relaxing not having a phone or alarm clock. If you're like me, you have a cell phone anyway. If your looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed at a good price, stay at Al's Westward Ho. My uncle, who has visited Yellowstone many times, recommended Al's Westward Ho, and I am sorry that I didn't go there in the first place.

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank Lumbergh
Salt lake City, UT
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Very nice, clean and quiet. Good price. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I have stayed there with my family several times. I have always been impressed with how clean it is and quiet. I have stayed at other places in west yellowstone and always get woke up early by something or the other.

The rooms are clean. the motel is ran by the same owners for 30 years and they bought it from people who owned it for 50 years. The owners respect you and ask that you respect thier property as well.

They do not have phones in the room but who use motel phones anyway unless you're from Melbourne FL (which by the way is where the toothbrush was invented, if it would have been invented anywhere else it would have been called the Teethbrush).

I'll stay there again and look forward to going back. everytime we return we see people who just like us are staying there again and its like running into old friends.

• Stayed: August 2004
21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2005

I have stayed at this motel three different times. It has always been an excellent place for the price. Rooms differ in size and ammenities. They don't have phones in the rooms but who cares, I am on vacation. Plus I have a cell phone. Friendly pleasent staff. Again great rooms and views of Yellowstone. I'll stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
15  Thank businessguy
SC, California
Reviewed April 13, 2004

I was so happy to find this place in my AAA book, it was listed on the quiet side of Yellowstone. I reserve the room far in advance. I requested a quiet room. When we got there, the owner who looked like she just got out of bed, gave me my room, I looked at it, it was dark, noisy, everything was old and I asked for a different room, she refused, she say there were no other rooms. She took advantage of our situation, it was a busy night, she knew she could sell our room for more money if we leave, so she didn't care if we stay or leave. How could they do business that way? I guess they don't need repeat customers. She didn't care about our needs, for the price we paid, I would never go again. I wonder how this place pass AAA standards???

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member