“Pleasantly surprised.”

and 1 more site!
Al's Westward Ho Motel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I never like booking accommodation for groups of friends, not knowing quite what to expect and that is how I felt after booking this place. However, we were all very pleasantly surprised. I was greeted and dealt with very politely at the front desk, given clear instructions how to get to our room and informed of the best place to park.
Our room was clean, comfortable and suited us perfectly for our one night stay. All four of us used the shower and it worked perfectly. Sink area was outside the bathroom and toilet which was ideal as someone could shower while another used the sink, however they were still around the corner from the main sleeping/living area so this was good.
Free wifi worked perfectly and was an added bonus, especially for the overseas travellers in our group.
Also - how could I forget to mention - the location is perfect for access to the park. You cannot get lost coming from the park. Drive out of the park at the West Entrance, take the first right that you come to and there it is on your left! Just what you need at the end of a long day.
Overall - for a very reasonable price - I would recommend staying here - the whole part of the building we were in had a clean and modern feel - newly renovated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was clean, however it lacked even the basics for the price ($110. + tax).

The owner knows that in a tourist town that is sold out in the summer season, he doesn't need nor care about return business. He is a rude, pompous jerk. He acted like we had interrupted his day to simply check us in at 5:30 pm. He didn't say hello, or welcome us in any way. When I questioned if the lady that had made our reservation was his wife, he responded, "No, I am not married", To which I replied, "It's no wonder". When I needed an extra pillow I went to the office. It is closed at 10 pm and don't you dare press the service button, the male owner bites. The second day I went to the office to tell him the cable had gone off. He immediately accused me of breaking it, hollaring, "What did you do to it".. I told him I had been watching a movie until I dozed off. When I awoke at 7 pm it was a black screen with a flashing screen prompt that there was no input signal. When I asked him how long it might be until he came over to check the TV, he said it would be hours until he found someone to fix it. I watched him go back into his kitchen and continue cooking, not going near a phone to call anyone. Luckily when I returned to the room the box was recycling and the cable had returned. On the second day the control for the shower fell off in my hand, so you could sit in the miniature tub and pour water over you head. I was actually afraid at that point to confront the owner as I was holding my temper and choose not to ruin my vacation. For three days I was looking forward to meeting the female that made our reservation as she seemed helpful. However, after reading the numerous other comments that included her, I am not sure it would have improved his character as he is a stain on the hospitality business. Even in a town with three major events going on there were rooms around town, so don't ruin you trip by giving this jerk your business.

I have stayed on the road twice this year and both motels need major upgrades to earn the amount of money they are asking for a nights stay, and new management. I could care less about cost if either desk clerk (owners in both cases) had even smiled once during the process.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ClancySanta
Reviewed August 6, 2013

talk about lost in the 70's this place has not seen an update ever. We understand this is a seasonal place but raeally? No A/C and we could not get the rooms even the least bit cool with fans. Major space under the doors (bugs coming in under them) not so clean glad it was only a one nite stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but they have a lot of renovated rooms that are very nice, and we were pleasantly surprised. Also, we like that staying in this small, seasonal, family-run motel supports local business. No amenities, but does have free wifi.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I know some of the reviews talk about the older rooms, but if you can ask for one of the rooms in the renovated section, you'll be pleased. It feels like an apartment with new carpet, fixtures, modern bedding (light coverlet and not a heavy old comforter). No hair dryer or fridge, come prepared.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The lady who welcomed us was very nice, appart from that I would not recommend this motel.
Rooms are small and with a very old furniture, bed and carpet, they really need a renovation to become nicer and more welcoming. However they are clean.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Sight unseen, we booked a room here and were a bit wary on checking in...the rooms have all been updated, were spotlessly clean, the beds comfy and all was quiet enough to sleep even on the 4th of July!! No fridge and you have to ask for ice, but was right in the middle of town and could walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Very close to Park entrance..