Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Great Naturalists, Fun Wolves and Bears

Julia N
Seattle, Washington

2,608 results
All reviews hide food birds of prey non profit bear proof live animals bear enclosure keeper kids hidden food fun to watch two days entrance fee beautiful animals ground squirrels great place to visit on display day pass gift shop
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The bears and why wolves are just amazing! My son loved them and my daughter got to go inside the bear habitat to hide food for the bears before they came out!! So much fun for everyone of all ages!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I really loved seeing all the animals, especially with the naturalists giving super helpful talks about them. They were always willing to answer questions, too. It was a great way to learn more about these amazing animals that we share the world with!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My Wife and I visited thie Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in September. We made use of the two day pass and went on both days we were in West Yellowstone. The staff were very helpful and their explanations were spot on.
Loved the wolves and the bears and we could see they are well looked after. Keep in mind it is not a zoo! it is a rescue and rehabilitation center.
There is also a section for some wild birds as well. We easily spent several hours on both days admiring the creatures and their antics! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My son and I stopped by early on a cold November morning. 3 Bears were out in their habitat, all very active and entertaining. As the morning wore on, we saw several other bears come and go from the viewing area.
We also saw the wolves and learned a great deal about them.
Seeing the Raptors on display was great. I never saw how big an Eagle
actually was before today.
The Staff was great and extremely helpful.
I would go back again next time I am in West Yellowstone.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place was fantastic! Very active wolves and grizzlies. Clean!!! Staff wonderful. We started and ended our day there and would have gone the next day but we were leaving.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is not the zoo, with many species to see, but rather a very informative place to see and learn about wolves and Grizzlies. They also have a few bird species, including American and Bald eagles. The learning center has informative talks and the museum has bears on display as well as educational material. Very nice gift shop as well.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful educational place to see bears and woves and raptors and soon Otters. We love this place, visit at least once whenever we are in West Yellowstone. One entrance fee is good for two days.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While this is a very small place we spent about 2 1/2 hours just watching the different bears come out. Loved the 4 wolves as well and we got lucky that a fire truck went by and set all 4 wolves into a 5 minutes howling party! Eagles are just as beautiful too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had so much fun and spent several hours here. Sam is a huge bear! All the bears were so fun to watch. Loved the wolves, the birds, etc.. Such a great place to visit. We will definitely be back. They have a warming hut by the bears(which was great since it was cold) the cabin by the wolves was great as well.
Go, you will love it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was amazing to be so close to these beautiful animals, and to learn from their keepers about the nature of each one. We watched the wolves being fed and had a talk about two of the birds of prey with them on show. Well worth a visit.