“Manager was very Rude and showed very unacceptable behavior”

Super 8 West Yellowstone
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Bellevue, Washington
“Manager was very Rude and showed very unacceptable behavior”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked to stay with my Family in this hotel for 2 days. The Manager was Rude from the day one and on the second day he asked us to vacate immedietly. He was unable to give us a proper explanation even after repeated requests. This was during the peak time and the prices were selling at premium prices. He said as per the Montana Law he has the right to evict us and at some point threatened to call the police too. Very Bad experience and i have decided not to stay in this hotel anytime in my life.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stay there with my family for 3 nights , it was so noisy in the night you can hear youre neighbours very well talking , flushing , or the shower , the aircon sounds like a airplane , none of the three nights was quiet .
About the breakfest area , no space for the guest , no choice of food , if something is empty , and you ask for more there is no refill , only the answer if its empty then there is no more . The staff Mrs. E... is acting like that this is her room , absolut unfriendly and not proffessionel .
The reception service is ok , friendly staff , and all questions was getting answered .
Location of the Super 8 its a little bit outside but for us it was ok , nice and quiet area .
Pricing is absolut discussing more then 200 dollar for a small room with a very small breakfest , i write this comment from a Best Western Hotel on our tour , where the price is 85 dollar , full breakfest , big rooms , and the most important is we can sleep here .
This was our first and last Super 8 , we all decide not to give a a second chance for this kind of hostel

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thorsten H

Travelers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Everett, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Super 8 was very clean and we expected worse from a Super 8 brand hotel. Breakfast choices were few however we didn't expect a free breakfast from a Super 8 to begin with. Next door there is an RV park general store with GREAT tasting pizza as a dinner option and easy to get snacks in the evening.

This two story hotel has no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage I suggest a first floor room. The front desk staff was friendly and offerred to help us with our luggage. There are no luggage carts.

The wifi at this hotel is okay however a little slow and some services (like Remote Desktop) appear to be blocked by the hotel or their ISP. Cell service is limited because of the location about 7 or 8 miles out of the town of West Yellowstone so don't expect great data coverage on your cell phone or mifi device.

Housekeeping service was good however they do not leave enough towels for the number of registered individuals in the room so I had to go find more towels each morning from a housekeeper. Otherwise as I stated, the rooms were clean.

As others have noted the standard room has a very small vanity area so don't expect a lot of room to spread out your family's toiletries.

Security wise, the windows do not lock even on the first floor so make sure the dowel is in the window track in order to keep the window from opening by an unwanted guest. Also, I observed on one occasion the front desk staff reactivating room keys without asking for ID from the guest. This seems to be standard protocol at hotels these days so I was surprised that ID wasn't requested.

In summary, this Super 8 is a ways out of the town of West Yellowstone and almost the same price as in-town properties. I recommend that you book early and stay at one of the in-town hotels for the same price or just a little bit more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear BusyTraveler2011:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am glad you found our hotel clean and welcoming; this is very important to both my staff and me personally! I am concerned that your window on the ground floor did not lock. I have asked our maintenance people to check each one. There should be a sliding lock as well as the wooden dowel to prevent the window from being opened from the outside. I have also spoken to each desk staff member about the importance of asking for ID from anyone requesting a room key.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again in Yellowstone!

General Manager, West Yellowstone Super 8
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was on a roadtrip from California to Montana and my first stop was at Super 8 at Elko. It was so dirty and smelly that I left the place in 4 hrs without taking a shower. After that horrible experience, I was very apprehensive about checking into Super 8 again at west yellowstone. But my stay at Super 8, west yellowstone was very comfortable. The rooms were clean, no smells, comfortable beds, good breakfast and friendly staff. Special shout out for the manager, Mr. Mike Jackson who was very helpful and had great tips for us. The driving time to the park is really short and you pass through the town that has all the good places to eat, It works out well as you can pack your lunch on the way and make it in time for dinner after your day long excursions in the park.
I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ruhi C:

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! My staff and I pride ourselves on clean rooms and a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. I hope to see you here the next time you visit Yellowstone!

General Manger, West Yellowstone Super 8
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while on our road trip. I was impressed as soon as I walked in the door. The breakfast area was spacious and clean. The lobby has a fireplace with couches and animal heads on the wall and looked very inviting. One of the highlights was the manager Mike. He was very friendly and helpful. He also baked cookies for everyone! We stayed in an upgraded king size room and the furniture was beautiful. The bathroom was large and clean. The price of the room was very reasonable. This hotel really made us feel at home and we have highly recommended it to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate Rob Daisy:
I am elated that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I hope to see you the next time you visit Yellowstone. We will have the evening cookies ready at 6 pm for you!

West Yellowstone Super 8