“Room was simple and beds were comfortable”

Super 8 West Yellowstone
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Staff Mike was very nice & friendly. Room was simple and beds were comfortable. This was our last night before leaving Yellowstone (2 hrs to Idaho Falls & 5 hours to Salt Lake City with no traffic). If you book it 7 days in advance (15% off), I think this Super 8 is a good deal as compared to others in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Expedition 14:

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am happy we were able to wrap up your trip to Yellowstone so well. I hope to see you again the next time you visit Yellowstone.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 West Yellowstone

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night . Room was very simple, but there was a small fridge in the room. Was clean and staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable. The location is about 7 miles from West Yellowstone. This is a resort town so the price was a bit high for a super 8. There is free breakfast and they bake fresh cookies everynight. Would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank tonichadviolet

Dear Tonichadviolet:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. My staff and I enjoy baking the cookies that you had! I hope to see you again next time you are in Yellowstone.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This was the only room left in West Yellowstone so we didn't have a choice. It was expensive, but all the hotels there are over-priced. This one is on the highway before you get to town so it's away from the bustle of town. It was clean and adequate. Not fancy but not horrible and all the staff I met were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank swcarey
WestYellowstoneGM, General Manager at Super 8 West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

SWCAREY:
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel! I am glad we were able to acomodate you on your recent trip to Yellowstone. My staff takes pride in having a clean and quiet establishment outside of the town.

Mike Jackson, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family stayed here while visiting Yellowstone. The staff was very hospitable. The don't have any carts to help with getting luggage but the staff helped me bring my bags into the hotel. I would definitely stay here again. Take note that it is on the outskirts of the "city". We had Pizza from the restaurant next door and it was a decent meal. The room didn't have a microwave but there was one available in the lobby.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Joann T

Joann T:

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. My staff and I are very happy you enjoyed your visit to Yellowstone; Please come visit us again!

Mike Jackson, General Manager West Yellowstone Super 8

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff at this hotel were one of the best we have ever encountered! When we checked in late in the evening, Mike Jackson, the night front desk manager, was very hospitable. We were very tired from a long day at Yellowstone National Park. He carried our luggage for us up to the 2nd floor. Considering the fact that I have congenital heart problems as well as back problems, this was a great help! Mike gave us valuable help on what hikes in Yellowstone I could manage and which ones might be too much of a struggle. We were scheduled to stay three nights, but when we discovered how long it took us to get across Yellowstone, we decided to spend our last (3rd) night outside of the East Entrance, I felt bad about asking Mike to see if he could get us another room at East Entrance to Yellowstone, but he was very gracious and told me he understood. He called their hotel in Cody, WY for us and switched the reservation. I cannot say enough about how great we were treated by Mike. He even baked cookies (himself) for the hotel guests each night. If you don't want to pay the high hotel prices inside Yellowstone, or you're booking your trip at the last minute, Super 8 in West Yellowstone is a great value.

2  Thank D M

D. M.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I remember you and how kind you were to my staff! We really enjoyed having you stay with us. Please come see us again the next time you visit Yellowstone!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Mike Jackson the Manager is a great guy. His staff is good and his rooms are good.
You pay a big price for your rooms but it is Yellowstone so you get what you pay for... Location. The breakfast was ok ... But could use a a few more tables inside.
Beds was good and bathroom was clean. Shower was so good .....

Thai-Mommy:

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I agree that we could use a little more inside space for breakfast, but we would have to take room 101 off line to do that! We did add the wrap-around porch in 2009 to give us more room; it is a lovely area for breakfast in the middle of the summer. Once again, thank you for writing and please come visit us again!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We chose this because at $166 a night, it was much less expensive than the other hotels in West Yellowstone.

Breakfast was good- and they make wonderful cookies for guests each night starting at 6PM

Big negative- our room was never cleaned- we stayed two nights, and the first afternoon we got home late and the room wasn't cleaned.

The pizza place next door doesn't look great, but their pizza is phenomenal! I'm not much of a pizza person, but they use fresh crust and you pick any or all toppings-same price. They gave us tons of cheese on the pizza- yum!

Globehoppr08:

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel! I'm glad you liked the cookies and breakfast. I do apologize that your room had not been cleaned. I am sorry that happened; my staff prides themselves on great guest service! Thank you again for letting me know and for the review.