“Loved it!”
Review of Serenity Bistro

Serenity Bistro
Cuisines: American, French, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: ...Unique menu featuring Montana cuisine carefully prepared & artfully presented... ...Gluten-free, vegetarian and with prior notification vegan alternatives... ...Extensive wine list menu paired with our menu... ...Each day we feature a home made soup and specialty entrees... ...Outside patio sitting with life music...
Houston, Texas
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you have been in west y after Labor Day you know that a restaurant that has really good food and service is a miracle this place rocks ( I am in the restaurant business- this place rocks!!)

I would eat every meal here..

South Jordan, Utah, United States
“A mixed bag, but where else are you going to go.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yes it's tiny, about 8 tables as I recall.
Yes it's not easy to find, but the Dairy Queen is.
Yes, you'd better have reservations. My wife and I were there Tuesday night at 8 pm and we got the lone table.
Yes, the service can get a bit slow, and inconsistent.
Yes, the menu wasn't the most imaginative.
Yes, there were some inconsistencies in preparation.

None of that matters! 'Cuz where else are you gonna go? Especially after Labor day when much of the town starts packing it in. What you end up with is lousy Mexican and Chinese, 'diner' fare, and a numbing assortment of Pizza/Pasta/Salad places.

We had the calamari appetizers with an 'asian' slaw. The squid wasn't chewy and the slaw wasn't overly sour. Kinda boring sure but I cleaned the plate.

Next up spinach salad with strawberries (that were surprisingly fresh and ripe), candied walnuts, and a strawberry vinaigrette. Yawn!, but I cleaned the plate.

The bread finally arrived out of sequence. A decent artisan baguette section and butter that was warmed to room temperature. Nothing spectacular, but I cleared the basket.

My wife got the trout. You'd think with the premier trout fisheries nearby that they could get something other than farm-raised trout. She liked it though.

I had the ribeye.. It should/could have been a little thicker and a had some of the excess fat trimmed. I forgave all because it was done rare enough that a good vet could still save it. The blue cheese/butter combo melted atop the steak perfectly and wasn't too pungent. The broccoli was perfectly steamed, but the baby carrots were inexplicably cooked into oblivion. I admit that's tantamount to saying Sandra Bullock has ugly toes. Who cares?! The mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had! I say that in all seriousness. Perhaps next time they can see clear of giving me an adequate sized scoop since I am such a fan :) With the exception of the excess fat, I cleaned my plate........and the wild rice that my wife couldn't finish.

Notice now I cleaned every plate? Just a happy little piggy boy I suppose. Just do yourself a favor and eat at Serenity.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Small But Great”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place was so small we couldn't find it at first. They don't have a big sign overhead just a small one in the window. The food and service was outstanding. I had the wild caught Alaska salmon which was cooked to perfection and the presentation was first class. My wife had the elk tenderloin with huckleberry glaze and it was wonderful. The three young ladies working the tables (I believe they may have been sisters) stayed right on top of our needs. For the quality of the food and service, pricing is fair. Due to the small size and low number of tables, I recommend making a reservation.

• Visited September 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great small Bistro”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went on the recommendation of Brian at the Alpine.
What a blessing, we were tired, hungry and cold-Serenity fixed it all!
We had the Bison Burgers-absolutely delicious.
We were next to the loudest people I have ever encountered during a meal in a nice eatery--very sad that they were so disturbing to the other 9 tables.
The service was good, but the food was EXCELLENT!!

Visited October 2012
Pompano Beach, FL
“Small and crowded”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The food was fair, prices a bit high and the tables were too close together. Our server was somewhat rude. Not a pleasant experience.

Visited September 2012