“Creepy!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lotus

Red Lotus
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: New Chinese restaurant in the old Bullwinkle's West location just opened October, 2011. Phone 406-646-7002
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Creepy!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Yesterday was my 4th visit. I live here in West Yellowstone. My sister just moved here and she wanted Chinese. I tried a new dish this time, mongolian beef ,again 95% sliced onions. Itsy bitsy peices of meat with globes of thick cornstarch sauce with lots and lots and lots of onions for filler. Very thin stained wood chopsticks are on the table( open-separated ) not in sealed paper. Looks like they just wash and re-use, Yikes, creepy! The wait staff reminded me of Mel Brooks movie.
Asian tour buses are always there, what's with that? The tea served was very good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Cartersville, Georgia
“Long wait for nothing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

While this place looks nice and smells terrific, they cater to Asian tour groups who are served family style; obviously part of their tour package. Those of us who just walk in are not a priority. We waited 50 minutes for our food before we walked out. I felt a little sorry for the one waitress who was serving the walk-ins in the front of the restaurant; she dealt nicely with us, but couldn't even offer a guess as to how long it would take to get our food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MarksFam82
West Yellowstone, Montana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chinese what?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nothing like any Chinese food I'm use too. Lo Mein was like soup with spaghetti noodles, gross. Mongolian beef was made with a sausage. Only nice thing was the tea they served with the meal.

Visited August 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived to dozens of Chinese tourists who were having a great time, so that was a good sign. Despite the fact that they were extremely busy they did a great job. The food was good and I've never had a meal served so quickly in my life! No alcohol served, but you can bring your own from the grocery just across the street, don't worry, it's encouraged.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA
“One to Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We tried this restaurant because our motel recommended it. The place is in a building with Western style decor (wooden beams) made to look like a Chinese restaurant. The ambiance was the best thing about this place.
First, the men's room: I went there to wash my hands. No towels. When I mention this to the staff, they seemed happy to know about it. Of course they also did not put towels in the rest room (I checked later).
On to the meal: I ordered the combo special. No substitues allowed. All meals that are not combo specials are a la carte which means rice costs extra. Huh? In a Chinese restaurant???
The food that came with the combo consisted of chicken with vegetables which were vegetables with two small slices of chicken, fatty fork balls none of which was edible, a fried spring rolls which tasted mostly doughy and rice.
You know there is something wrong when the rice is the best thing on your plate.
I complained to the waitress who told the boss. The boss did not show up. When I asked her if the boss would show up, he overheard it and came to the table. I told him my concerns. He gave me a loooong explanation why everything was the way it was ... who cares? An apology would have been better.
All this cost over $13.
A ridiculous and unprofessional place. Avoid it.
If you have a hankering for Chinese food in West Yellowstone, go to Chinatown instead. The food there is fresh, the prices are acceptable. Just don't use their bathroom which is filthy.
On second thought, just have BBQ and head your your favorite Chinese restaurant when you're back home.

• Visited September 2012