“Great food, superior wine and drink lists, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison Crossing Lounge

Madison Crossing Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come wine and dine with us at the Madison Crossing Lounge. Enjoy quality dining and conversing in our relaxing atmosphere. Appealing appetizers, entrees, desserts, and a full bar featuring exquisite specialty drinks. Catering also available.
“Great food, superior wine and drink lists, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I have gone to west Yellowstone several times and love it. We have gone to the Madison crossing lounge and absoluty love it. The service is great the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly the food is always on point and cannot say enough about their superb wine list. We have eaten at a lot of the restaurants in and out of town and we as a family have to say this is our favorite.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ffwp
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Our staff has spent a great deal of time on the wine list and your observations and compliments will be shared with a smile! Thank you and we will look forward to your next West Yellowstone!

• Hebrew first
Portland, OR
“Great food, lots of options, but small so go early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My son begged me to start this review by telling you that the 1/2 pound angus burger was the best burger he has ever had. My 9-year-old gourmand knows a lot about food, and ate every bit of that huge burger. Our entire party agreed that each of our dishes was delicious - perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned.
I appreciated the wide variety on the menu. There were clearly marked gluten-free dishes, vegetarian options, and wonderful local options that included farm-raised trout, buffalo and elk, and huckleberries in the salad and dessert. There were also several seafood dishes. Kudos to the chef for incorporating so many options and for such creativity!
We visited on an August Friday. And of course the restaurant was packed. Service was good, maybe could have been quicker, but I certainly didn't expect more in a small place packed to the brim. We called ahead and found out that reservations aren't accepted by phone -- they take names at the door and give you an approximate return time. However, the hostess was wonderful on the phone and suggested that if we come right away we could be seated soon. Sure enough, we were seated within 20 minutes and got to wander the local shops as we waited.
Prices were good for the quality of the dishes -- ranging from about $12 to $30 with lots of options under $20. We were impressed with the prices for the quality of the food.
I recommend this for a more special meal on your vacation (although the prices were what you'd pay elsewhere here for ho hum food.)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please tell your son that we are glad he enjoyed his Angus Burger and for his nice compliment!
We do appreciate all of your comments on the quality of our menu, service, and pricing! Please visit us again on your travels! Thank you!
Renton, Washington
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer. Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer. Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer.

Visited August 2013
Love your Bison Meatloaf, Trout, Good Beer Cheer :D Thank you for the Cheer and the subsequent smile!
Hamilton, Ontario
“Pleasant experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I made a list of four restaurants to try in West Yellowstone based on a couple of review sites. It was our first night in town so didn't make a reservation. Our first choice was full so made a res for tomorrow. We walked back to Madison Crossing, all the tables were full but there were two window tables just clearing. We were seated almost immediately. Service was quick and friendly. We were snacking in the room so just passed on appetizers, plus I spotted my favorite dessert on the menu. My husband ordered the Bison Meat Loaf which we thoroughly enjoyed, they had added ground vegetables for moisture. I ordered the grilled trout, with green beans and roasted red potatoes. The fish was a bit over cooked for my liking, however that didn't stop me from clearing my plate. Then we shared the Buckleberry Bread Pudding, yum! We each ordered a glass of red wine which was served in old fashion, clunky red wine glasses. All in all a pleasant dining experience, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Visited August 2013
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful comments! Our Bison Meatloaf and Huckleberry Bread Pudding are definitely local favorites. The Campfire Trout is also and we will share your observation! Do come see us again on your next trip through Yellowstone!
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was recommend but service terrible. I ordered nachos to start with and an hour and ten minutes later was told that they had run out of the home made nachos and they were popping to shop to get some more and they would serve my starter after main course. Of course I cancelled the starter had our warm main and left very disappointed

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It would be helpful for you to contact us directly and advise us as to when this occurred and any other pertinent details so we can research what happened. This is obviously not our standard. These comments will be printed and shared. Thank you.