“Nice place”

Madison Crossing Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come wine and dine with us at the Madison Crossing Lounge. Enjoy quality dining and conversing in our relaxing atmosphere. Appealing appetizers, entrees, desserts, and a full bar featuring exquisite specialty drinks. Catering also available.
Renton, Washington
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer. Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer. Bison Meatloaf, and Idaho Trout. Good beer.

Visited August 2013
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Love your Bison Meatloaf, Trout, Good Beer Cheer :D Thank you for the Cheer and the subsequent smile!

• Hebrew first
Hamilton, Ontario
“Pleasant experience.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I made a list of four restaurants to try in West Yellowstone based on a couple of review sites. It was our first night in town so didn't make a reservation. Our first choice was full so made a res for tomorrow. We walked back to Madison Crossing, all the tables were full but there were two window tables just clearing. We were seated almost immediately. Service was quick and friendly. We were snacking in the room so just passed on appetizers, plus I spotted my favorite dessert on the menu. My husband ordered the Bison Meat Loaf which we thoroughly enjoyed, they had added ground vegetables for moisture. I ordered the grilled trout, with green beans and roasted red potatoes. The fish was a bit over cooked for my liking, however that didn't stop me from clearing my plate. Then we shared the Buckleberry Bread Pudding, yum! We each ordered a glass of red wine which was served in old fashion, clunky red wine glasses. All in all a pleasant dining experience, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Visited August 2013
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful comments! Our Bison Meatloaf and Huckleberry Bread Pudding are definitely local favorites. The Campfire Trout is also and we will share your observation! Do come see us again on your next trip through Yellowstone!
“Terrible service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was recommend but service terrible. I ordered nachos to start with and an hour and ten minutes later was told that they had run out of the home made nachos and they were popping to shop to get some more and they would serve my starter after main course. Of course I cancelled the starter had our warm main and left very disappointed

• Visited July 2013
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It would be helpful for you to contact us directly and advise us as to when this occurred and any other pertinent details so we can research what happened. This is obviously not our standard. These comments will be printed and shared. Thank you.
Centreville, Virginia
“Not worth a 2.5-hour wait”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Since the pickings of open places on a Sunday night are slim, my friends and I decided to eat at the Madison Crossing Lounge for a nicer dinner. We were told that it was going to be a 30-minute wait, but, being used to waiting at bustling restaurants, we decided to go ahead and have our trio written in the book and the hostess said she'd be out to get us when the table opened.
We stood around the 'lobby' of the building they're located in (they only supply 3 seats out there, and they were occupied) looking at the art, realty listings, and listening to the family occupying the seats complain about having waited an hour already.
I suppose we should have taken that as a sign to get out and eat at one of the fast food places that were still open.
The family was eventually seated and we took up the chairs they had vacated... and waited....
...and waited....
....and watched large groups of people go in and sit at the bar (which we weren't even offered as an option)...
...and waited...
...and watched another large group wander in and get seated immediately...

Okay then.
It had been over an hour. We were ready to leave when the hostess appeared far down the hallway, suddenly noticed us, and made a definite "Oops!" face and ran back into the restaurant. Yeah. Nice of you to keep track of your 'names'.
She seated us and we thankfully didn't have to wait long to order.
But I noticed that the family that had been seated ages ago before us was still waiting on food... in fact, most of the tables were empty outside of drinks or salad.
I ordered a soup appetizer, it was a rather disappointing lobster bisque. Watery. With only a few crumbs of 'lobster' in it.
And then... we waited even longer.
We finally decided that we'd just ask to pay for the soup and drinks... once we could get our waitress to show up.
We finally had to ask the girl pouring waters to get our waitress for us.
Immediately she showed up with our food. My burger was soggy from sitting against the condiments on the plate for so long, and my 'medium' patty was burned and dry. The "pommes frites" (as they were listed on the menu) were unseasoned, squishy, cafeteria-level french fries that lacked the special ketchup they were supposed to have.
We were so tired from travelling, waiting, and hunger by then that we just ate, paid, and left.
I'm not sure if we just hit it on an off day, but that was one of the most horrible restaurant experiences I've had.

• Visited July 2013
longpine, Owner at Madison Crossing Lounge, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We sincerely regret your disappointment and truly wish that you had given us the opportunity to remediate your concerns when you were here. We do strive to make our customers happy and resolve their concerns if told. Our hostess and staff are caring , efficient, and aim to please. A copy of all comments are shared accordingly.
Clearwater, Florida
“Mostly Good”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went here for dinner. We started with the hummus appetizer, which came with feta, tomatoes, and naan that should have been called something else, but it was a good start to the meal. For my entree I had the mac and cheese, which came with a salad. I chose blueberry pomegranate dressing for the salad, which was really yummy. The mac and cheese was baked. It was a bit mushy, but still pretty good. My boyfriend had the elk burger. He said it didn't taste much different than a regular burger, and it was cooked a bit more than requested.

Despite a few missteps, this is a solid option for slightly classier dining in a very touristy town.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions! The blueberry pomegranate dressing is a favorite!
We will look forward to your next visit!