“Terrific tour”

Yellowstone Alpen Guides
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in West Yellowstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yellowstone Alpen Guides has operated small group and private tours in Yellowstone for 29 years. Our naturalist/guides are experts in all things Yellowstone and are fun travel companions. They will help you experience the extraordinary wonders the Park has to offer during both winter and summer. Small group size guarantees you a personalized touch not found on most tours. A company with experienced long-term employees, we pay close attention to detail and quality and strive to be the premier guiding company in Yellowstone and the surrounding area. Join us as we explore this delicate ecosystem that is home to Old Faithful and two-thirds of the world’s geysers; where grizzly bears, wolves and other abundant wildlife roam freely. We cater to individuals, families with children and groups of all sizes. We have lodging and tour packages available; one call will take care of your Yellowstone vacation planning needs. Winter snowcoach tours operate daily to Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. We offer the option of cross-country skiing or snowshoeing on our trips, and customized charters are also available. We provide shuttle services to guests staying at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge, and offer charter service to the North* (Mammoth/Gardiner) and South* (Jackson Hole) gates of the Park. Our snowcoaches are the classic, historical bombardiers, modernized for comfort and low emissions, made for over-snow travel. Summer tours include Lower Loop, Evening Wildlife Safaris, kayak tours and private customized tours to meet your desires. Whether you are a first time Yellowstone visitor or are returning for your next adventure, we can help plan your itinerary. Your trip can include things like wildlife watching, a day hike to a backcountry geyser basin, a photography safari, swimming in a thermally heated river, and seeing the sites that make Yellowstone America’s grandest Park. Alpen Guides believes it is important to protect and preserve our national treasures. We generously donate to the worthy Yellowstone Park Foundation, the West Yellowstone Foundation, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, and many other organizations dedicated to protecting the environment.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrific tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We took a tour of the lower loop. Our guide was excellent. What made the tour even better was that there was only one other couple on the van. I was reluctant to take a tour but I really learned and saw so much more then if I went by myself. The guide was very knowledgable and you could tell really enjoyed answering all of our questions. The price was very reasonable. Take the tour and I am certain that you will not be sorry.

New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful intro to Yellowstone”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We took the lower loop tour with Connie. As a longstanding resident and a former science teacher, Connie had a wealth of knowledge about the geology, wildlife and history of this most beautiful national park. She was very accommodating when wildlife was spotted. I would highly recommend the tour!

Tucson, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Yellowstone”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked the private 8 hour tour. Dave took us around the lower loop. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of Yellowstone. Learned a lot about geysers and hot springs -- and tidbits of history about each one we visited. He brought along a scope that was great for viewing the elk and bison we saw along the way. Took us on a wonderful hike along the the rim of the Canyon. Knew just where to get the best views of Yellowstone Lake. He gave us lots of advice on what to do during the remaining days of our visit. All his advice was spot on! Really glad we booked this tour as we were able to appreciate Yellowstone all the more with the in-depth knowledge we had gained. I recommend you buy their optional brown bag lunch. We did. It was fresh and tasty. And we didn't need to waste time waiting for service at Yellowstone food outlets. Most food sold in the park is overpriced and mediocre.

Port Huron, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must Do!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I would certainly recommend this tour to anyone that wants to get a great overall depiction of Yellowstone National Park before exploring it on your own. We set up a private tour for my wife and I and my parents. None of us had visited the area before.

We set this tour up our first full day there. We met our guide named John at the Mammoth Springs Hotel first thing in the morning. I was very impressed with John, very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable of the park itself. He really gave us a great overview of the park, got us some great looks at some wildlife and was really informative about general information on the park itself.

Very Well done, my parents are still raving about this tour - it definitely set us up to have a great time there. BTW - if you are on the fence about the option of taking the bag lunch - Do Not Hesitate, order it. We were skeptical about it, but it was absolutely wonderful.

One last note - our guide snapped a photo of us at Yellowstone Falls - it is above all the treasure of our trip, great photo and it was nice to have all four of us in it!

Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best part of our trip”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked the eveneing tour for our famiy since my husband wanted to see lots of animals. When we showed up at the office Melani was there to greet us. We found out we were the only people on the trip. Melanie was so knowledgable and friendly.

We learned so much and had a great time. When I booked the trip I thought 8 hours was a long time but Melanie made the time pass quickly.

I would recommend Yellowstone Alpen Guides and especially Melanie to anyone going to Yellowstone!

Visited June 2013