“Not too spicy for us”

Taqueria Las Palmitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband ask our campground staff which restaurants they frequented in West Yellowstone. We didn't mean to start a controversy -- one woman from Texas loved the "taco bus." Another said, "Hot." As in good or temperature we asked? It turns out she thought the food was too spicy. A heated discussion followed. We decided to try it for ourselves.If everyone liked the same food, there would only be one restaurant in every town, right?
We loved the food and the atmosphere inside the old school bus. What a charming place. Nice staff, locals eating there, including someone wearing a fast food chain's uniform. 'Nuff said.
I had the combination chili rellenos and enchilada and my husband the quesadillas. Both were accompanied by beans and rice and small amount of salad. Neither of us thought the food too spicy--except the salsa in the small cup. That definitely had some real heat.
We will go back for this great value.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped here based on other reviews and we weren't disappointed. The only thing keeping me from a score of five was that my husband stated his burrito was a little light on the meat. He absolutely loved the shredded beef tacos and my veggie burrito was fantastic. Check this place out!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great Mexican food in an old bus) at an excellent price! I love the street tacos, yum,yum,yum. I have also had the enchiladas, fantastic. Perfect for a quick bite to eat!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Taqueria Las Palmitas, or more fondly "the Mexican Bus," is a family tradition now, whenever we visit our extended family in Montana. The locals eat there, the owners are fantastic, and the atmosphere is as welcoming as it is unique. They offer a wide selection of authentic dishes that have all exceeded our expectations. Two thumbs up for "the Bus"!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food is good and reasonably priced. It is great that you can sit outside during good weather. It is a nice break from the other restaurants in town which are more expensive. Staff is friendly.