“best carne asada ina couple years”

Taqueria Las Palmitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

went here for lunch after reading reviews. It is not quite as good as my favorite taco stand (manuel's in rosarita beach baja, mexico) but it is a lot more plush. my favorite is on a dirt road (swept every morning) cooked over a wood fire and chopped on an old tree stump. today it was prepared in an old school bus (bluebird made a strong bus) cooked on a griddle and served on paper plates. I thoroughly loved it. some of the best i have had outside of mexico and i will return time and time again.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We asked Sara at our motel front desk, who happens to be hispanic, where she would go for mexican food. She recommended two places and we choose this one.

It is in a bus as others have mentioned. We ate outside at the picnic tables. I had the carne asada tacos and they were delicious. Not fatty, just flavorful.

I did noticed several people in front of us ask to make sure the food wasn't spicy which we found a little ridiculous. We asked the employee to make sure ours WAS spicy! So be sure to ask for the hot sauce.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The location is an old 1990 Blue Bird Bus converted to a Taco Truck style restaurant. The food is really good if you like authentic mexican food. Yeah it is a little greasy and probably fattening but so worth it. I love the Spicy Sauce Burrito- the sauce is sweet and spicy and the burrito so tasty. The owner is real modest and nice. You gotta go here when you are in West Yellowstone - #1 restaurant and experience in the area.

1  Thank tubetop
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I grew up on the Southwest border and this is not "Mexican" food. Where to start...the frijoles were really runny (ugh), the rice was very bland, the tortilla wrapping the enchilada was raw (used to lightly fried tortillas on enchiladas) with the accompanying raw, chewy masa taste. The relleno was nothing but egg batter and a green chili...definitely not the "real" thing. The bus venue is a bit kitschy...and crowded...didn't work for us. There are better places to eat in West Yellowstone.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We tried this place last fall. These were the best tacos I've had since I lived in Veracruz Mexico over 10 years ago. The price was great, too.