“Our favorite part of the trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellowstone Fishing Guides

Yellowstone Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Fishing Guides specializes in guiding anglers of all skill levels and abilities. We do both floating and wading trips, and supply all the gear necessary to try fly fishing at no extra cost. I grew up in West Yellowstone, and enjoy sharing this area with all of you. Come spend a day with us and see why this area is so special.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our favorite part of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I booked a trip with Bud Lilly's for a half day of fly fishing and now we want to do it all the time. Kenny was our guide and he was just the best! Super friendly, a great teacher and kept the entire day exciting. Two days later, and we are still talking about how much fun we had. We are even thinking about booking a trip in the fall just so we can fly fish with Bud Lilly again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Genevieve T

Tavares, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebrating in Yellowstone National Park. Since Wyoming and Montana are considered to be the Fly Fishing capital of the world, my brother-in-law and I decided to do some Fly Fishing. This was our first time. I booked a trip with Bud Lilly's Trout Shop. It was an excellent experience. It was better then I or my brother-in-law could have hoped for. The entire staff at Bud Lilly's was extremely helpful and friendly. Our guide Mike was very knowledgeable and personable. The pricing was competitive with the other guides in the area. I have a whole new appreciation form Fly Fishing. I would highly recommend Bud Lilly's to anyone.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Big Trout Every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife, two sons, and I have relied on Travis for all his life long outdoor experiences in the Yellowstone area for the last five years. We have fished on all the surrounding rivers as well as rivers in the park. All our trips have been beyond expectations for both fishing as well as education about the area. Travis and his wife, Giselle, have guided us and provided a memorable experience each time. I would highly recommend their service and I plan to use them again, again, and again!

2 Thank Harry B
Long Beach
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the first time I spent the money to hire a guide. I was going to be in West Yellowstone for just a day so I contaced Travis. He took me to the "secret spot" and I hooked up wth several fish includng a 17 inch rainbow. Although it costs a couple bucks you don't waste your time trying to find a place. He also knows the fly patterns and technique to get you fish.

1 Thank LBCDad
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“West Yellowstone Fly Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

When you are in West Yellowstone, stop in at Arrick's Fly Shop. You will not be disappointed.

Ask for Tony, for help, than ask for Matt as your guide. You can float down rivers, wade rivers, but lake fishing did not appear so glamorous. Let me tell you, you will catch fish in the rivers, but when you fish the lake the trip is awesome. You see tv shows with people catching trophy fish (rainbows, brook, and brown. Well before lunch I caught and released ( you can keep the fish ) seven fish. All in the range of 21" to 24" after lunch you have the option to float the Madison. My guide Matt was very helpful and instructed me on how to improve my fishing techniques. The shop has very helpful staff, (tony) and a wide variety of fishing equipment.

Stop in and look around, but foremost spend sometime with your children, wife, or husband fishing on a lake. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Jim W