Review Highlights
Another great fishing experience on the Madison

Reviewed July 7, 2018
Russ D
Knoxville, Tennessee
via mobile
Incredible day with Kerry Almond fly fishing the madison river

Reviewed August 28, 2017
matthew P

All reviews caught fish trout madison river fly shop giselle techniques kerry drift cast teacher highlights
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

This is always a marvelous experience. Travis and Giselle know their business and can put you on the trout in the Madison and at the same time take you on one of our nation’s most beautiful rivers. I came back again and highly recommend them if you want a quality professional experience drift fly fishing.

1  Thank Russ D
Reviewed August 28, 2017

My 14 year old son and I spent a morning with Kerry Almond of the Drift Lodge and Fly Shop on the Madison River last week and it was one of the highlights of our fishing lives. We are both knew to fly fishing but Kerry taught us a simple cast that was effective and the technique to hook and land fish. Hook and land fish is what we did! Kerry is a master teacher, both encouraging and effective. He has a great way about him that makes you want to spend time with him. He was especially effective with my son. We caught about 15 fish between us, for two people who had never caught fish on a fly rod, that was a huge success. I can't wait to get back out there and fish with Kerry again.

3  Thank matthew P
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Absolutely amazing day fishing the Madison, we were blessed with an abundance of great fish and bites, scenery beyond belief, as well as the chance to be led by a top notch guide. Giselle's love and passion for the sport truly shined and was demonstrated by her ability to not only teach us how to fly fish but getting us on some really outstanding fish as well. We spent a full day on the river mostly float but did a little wading as well, also had a great picnic style lunch on the river bank. My wife and I were looking forward to the chance at fishing world class trout fishing waters during the end of June in the midst of the salmonfly hatch and I can honestly say that our experience fishing with Giselle far exceeded any expectations we had. We highly recommend anyone looking to fly fish the greater Yellowstone area to book a trip with Travis and Giselle Hansen of Yellowstone Fishing Guides.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

On Father’s Day, our family went on an amazing fly-fishing trip on the Madison River. It was our first time fly-fishing, and we all learned so much.

We booked a Half-Day Float Trip with Travis & Giselle Hansen (yellowstonefishingguides.com) months in advance when they were still guiding in Argentina in February. Travis’s speedy e-mail replies answered all my questions.

On the day of our trip, Travis picked us up at exactly 8:30AM right at our campsite in the RV Park we were staying at in West Yellowstone. The drive was about 30 minutes to the river’s put-in. Giselle met us there.

We decided to split into a Girls Boat & a Boys Boat. My husband & 12 year old son went with Travis. My 10 year old daughter & I went with Giselle.

We couldn’t have asked for better guides. They were both very friendly, patient & encouraging. They gave great instruction to get us started, and were great coaches after we got the hang of casting.

The weather was perfect. We floated about 6 miles, and we all caught fish. At the end of the day, the boys boat won 7 - 4. (In addition, both boats had countless bites and many that got away.)

Our fishing trip ended at 1:30PM with beverages and snacks & a ride back to our campground.

This was the highlight of our WY-MT vacation. If we ever get a chance to come back, we’ll book another fishing trip with Travis & Giselle. They were great with our kids, fun to talk to, very personable, very knowledgeable, and I enjoyed the stories they shared about their own kids!

Thanks for a very memorable experience that we’ll never forget!

Reviewed June 3, 2016

Two amazing fishing days in West Yellowstone with Guide Kerry Almond of Bud Lilly's Trout Shop!
My girlfriend & I booked a full day fishing trip 2 years ago with Kerry & we had such an outstanding time we could hardly wait to get back & do it all over again. We fished the Fire Hole & Fountain Flats taking in the stunning scenery catching numerous trout thanks to the knowledge & patience of our trusted guide.
My second day fishing was a float trip on the Henry's Fork River & the fish Gods smiled upon us again. Kerry guided me to the best spots on the river where I continued to catch 15 rainbows.
From a novice to a professional fisherman I would highly recommend Kerry & Bud Lilly's Trout Shop over & above.

4  Thank Tim S
Reviewed September 27, 2014

We’d like to encourage anyone interested in a really great experience fishing on the Madison River to hire Travis and Giselle as your guides. We were visiting Yellowstone with another couple and we decided we’d like to go on a fishing adventure. What s stroke of luck that we chose The Yellowstone Fishing Guide Service. They were very professional and extremely friendly people to spend the day with. They alerted us to all of the hot spots along the river and were extra careful to make sure all of the fish we caught made it into the boat. They provided us with a wonderful picnic lunch on an island, a brief history of the area, and always made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We highly recommend that you book a fishing experience with these extraordinary people.

3  Thank Michael T
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Bud Lilly's set me up for a great day of float fishing on the Madison with guide Chris Herpin. Awesome day and Chris is a really great guide! A memory to last a lifetime!

4  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My son and I were beginners at fly fishing. We did a float trip with Giselle and it was great. We were concerned about our lack of experience but Giselle taught us quickly what we needed to know and we caught several good size trout. She knew the river very well and was knowledgable, friendly and experienced.

2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I booked a half day walk and wade for my wife and two daughters - all beginners. I was a little nervous that this might be more casting instruction and untangling than fishing.
I had nothing to worry about; Giselle outfitted them with waders, rods and flies and had them all hooking trout in no time!
Thanks, Giselle!

4  Thank RFH2000
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was extremely impressed with the professionaliam, knowledge, and experience of Giselle and Travis and their Yellowstone Fishing Guides' business. These people know their business. They have excellent equipment, tie their own flies, and know the river. I caught many, brown, rainbow, and white trout due to Giselle's excellent guiding and knowledge of the river. They picked me up at my hotel and from there provided me one of the best "fish'in" days I have experienced. They are simply Top Notch guides and I totally recommend them. I'll be back!!

6  Thank Russ D