“Bud Lilly's Fly Shop”

Yellowstone Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Fishing Guides specializes in guiding anglers of all skill levels and abilities. We do both floating and wading trips, and supply all the gear necessary to try fly fishing at no extra cost. I grew up in West Yellowstone, and enjoy sharing this area with all of you. Come spend a day with us and see why this area is so special.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Bud Lilly's Fly Shop”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very helpful and well stocked. Friendly staff. Glad we stopped in to get intel and flies and fishing licenses.

2 Thank Callmechuck

Madrid, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They are the best!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I were floating the Madison with Giselle one day and wading inside the park with Travis two days later in August. It is hard to decide which one of the two days was more fun.
Gisele was able to make it look easy while moving the boat to every interesting spot in the river, seeing trout rise, telling me where to cast, following my fly and even spotting a black bear (that no other boat around us was able to see), all at the same time! She was very helpful, giving good suggestions and changing flies so fast that I almost had no time to drink. And yes, I caught many trouts that day.
Fishing with Travis was also very good; he took us to very nice areas within the park where it seemed as if nobody had been around for a long time. We saw lots of big trout and caught some of them. At some point, during a drake hatch, I was getting a little cutthroat with almost every 4-5 casts; Somehow he located the biggest one in this area, showed me where it was, and we caught it. Amazing.
And the trip includes lunch, it was a pain having to stop fishing, but it was so good (it included even cup cakes and brownies) that I didn´t regret “loosing” that time.

1 Thank Jose M
Alberta
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What a Blast!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I booked our guided trip after seeing the TA reviews and the day exceeded my expectations. There are no shortage of guides in West Yellowstone but I don't think we could've have had a better experience than our day with Travis.

It was our first time fly fishing and I was pretty nervous about it but my fears were quickly alleviated when chatting with Travis. He put us both at ease and gave us a tremendous first day of fishing. The whole day was an absolute blast. He got us going quickly (after a nice drive through the park to get to our 'fishy' waters) and soon we were casting and learning the ropes. (And perhaps climbing trees and wading out to logs in the creek to rescue snagged flies lol) Even in the awkwardness of learning a new skill he made us feel relaxed and our confidence built throughout the day. I appreciated his patience with us. We were having a great time, even before the first bite but there were plenty of catches throughout the day.

We had a lovely homemade lunch at the water's edge - they really don't cut corners. Travis was so generous with his time and knowledge (and countless flies!). They really know what they're doing and obviously put a lot of thought and care into their trips.

Thanks Travis, for an incredible experience - a highlight of our Yellowstone trip, for sure and the beginning of our fly-fishing adventures!

4 Thank coupleofalbertans
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good, hope for better”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The sights were great, the guide was nice, but we didn't catch fish, and after four hours of fishing I expected something better, especially after what I payed...

3 Thank Unknown_hunter
Trvshnsn, Owner at Yellowstone Fishing Guides, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Hello. I assume you went out with either Giselle or I (Travis). I am not sure who you are or which date you went out. I would be happy to discuss your experience with you if you give me a chance. I am glad you like the sights and your guide. I wish we could control the fishing and how many fish we caught, but when fishing for wild trout some days are great and some are hard. Thanks and sorry you felt you should have caught more.
Travis Hansen
Knoxville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent in all aspects”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Spent a full day fishing with Travis on the Madison. He is the consummate professional. He was very patient with me. I feel the lessons I learned from him alone were worth his fee. I caught more fish than I expected. Even though it rained some he made it work. My wife was along was along as a spectator and she enjoyed the trip even with the rain. If I return I will
plan my trip around fishing with Travis.

1 Thank dccweb