“Gem found in West Yellowstone”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Thanks to a disaster of a stay at Moose Creek Inn, I ventured down the street and found the Holiday Motel. What a break! Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. The Holiday Motel was so much more spacious and accommodating. Jeff, the owner, made sure I was happy with the room and gave me a great deal. I ended up staying an extra night. The location certainly has it's own charm, and I fit right in. My kind of place. A great LARGE remodeled room with the best WiFi of my trip. Since it's a few blocks down the street from the main drag, it is very quiet. I slept like a baby and wondered why anyone stays at the Moose when I got so much more at the Holiday Motel for allot less $$. I like staying at places where the owner (and not a corporation) takes charge. Thanks to the Holiday Motel for taking me in late in the evening after the nightmare at the Moose Creek Inn. Great stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken M

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's very refreshing to deal with the actual owners when you check in and what-not. This motel has that small-town feel. It's really well-kept, and if there are any issues, the owners are very accomodating.

Do you get sick of feeling most of your money is going to corporation-executives who don't deserve it? WELL FOLKS, at the Holiday Motel YOUR MONEY IS GOING TO GREAT PEOPLE WHO EARN IT.

Lisa was one of my favorite people to deal with at all the motels & hotels we stayed at on our long road-trip. I'm glad I didn't go with a more expensive place!!

The Holiday Motel was open VERY LATE IN THE YEAR, past the regular tourist-season. We stayed there October 31, 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Eschew glamor and enjoy the real America by staying in a trailer park next to a junk yard. The Holiday Motel's surroundings are awful, it is even next door to a crazy barking dog-on-a-chain and bearded yokels loading up their gun rack at night. Yet its location is at the same time brilliant, being in West Yellowstone.

And here's the rub. Because local hotel owners confuse West Yellowstone with the French Riviera, they think they can charge more per night than the US national debt. Not the Holiday Motel, it knows it overlooks an eyesore and has to keep the prices reasonable ($100 per night compared to $200+ for rooms only two blocks away).

And the best part is the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable ... albeit a little dingy with only one small window, though as I've mentioned, in some ways that's a blessing. The owners are nice too.

So if you want to visit Yellowstone without being royally ripped off, stay at Holiday Motel. Just close your eyes when you arrive.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JGletherow
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've got to say that my experience at this motel was a memorable one. We panicked that the park was completely full and contacted Holiday Motel. The owner was so accommodating and pretty hilarious. He came running to the door when we couldn't figure out how to lock it, had recently renovated the bathroom and ceilings (which he was proud of.. Looked good!), and recommended restaurants at which to dine the following morning. I loved that it was family-owned. Such a relief from staying in campgrounds all week. Refreshing!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Newly remodeled rooms with the pre-war wood panelled walls remaining. More like a nice hotel room than a motel. Very friendly owner, with great food recommendations around town - that he marked for us on the town map which he illustrated! In a quiet part of town off the main road, but close enough to walk to everything in town (including the Hungry Bear pancake house across the street)! Great wifi signal for those who can't do without, new fridge, coffee machine, and newly remodeled bathroom. Would definitely choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Older place in the process of being upgraded. Comfortable beds and ample bathroom. Fridge , WiFi, and microwave were nice additions, but coffee maker needs larger coffee filter, rather than a senseo pod.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed in the Holiday Motel this spring, and was not a bad experience. If you're on budget - you chose to stay outside the park. West Yellowstone is full of motels of all kinds, but in April most of them are boarded. Holiday Motel offered a standard room with fridge and comfortable bad for 50$. No luxuries, everything was basic but clean. I think there was no room service, we were supposed to talk to the owner if we wanted our towels to be changed. There was a WiFi.
The owner was really nice giving us advises where to go for dining or in the park - nice locals running a theater. He also gave us a map of the town with all the restaurants/hotels/shops etc. shown.
So if you plan to visit Yellowstone in spring and you're on budget - this can be an option.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple