“Rave for see yellowstone”

See Yellowstone Tours
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in West Yellowstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Yellowstone Alpen Guides has operated small group and private tours in Yellowstone for 32 years. Our naturalist guides are experts in all things Yellowstone and are fun travel companions. They will help you experience the extraordinary wonders the Park has to offer during both winter and summer. Small group size guarantees you a personalized touch not found on most tours. A company with experienced long-term employees, we pay close attention to detail and quality and strive to be the premier guiding company in Yellowstone and the surrounding area. Join us as we explore this delicate ecosystem that is home to Old Faithful and two-thirds of the world’s geysers; where grizzly bears, wolves and other abundant wildlife roam freely. We cater to individuals, families with children and groups of all sizes. We have lodging and tour packages available; one call will take care of your Yellowstone vacation planning needs. Winter snowcoach tours operate daily to Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. We offer the option of cross-country skiing or snowshoeing on our trips, and customized charters are also available. We provide shuttle services to guests staying at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. We operate two types of snowcoaches. One is a converted Ford Vanterra and the other is our classic, historical bombardiers, modernized for comfort and low emissions, made for over-snow travel. Summer tours include Lower Loop, Evening and Morning Upper Loop Tours, Grand Teton Tours, and private customized tours to meet your desires. Whether you are a first time Yellowstone visitor or are returning for your next adventure, we can help plan your itinerary. Your trip can include things like wildlife watching, a day hike to a backcountry geyser basin, a photography safari, and seeing the sites that make Yellowstone America’s grandest Park. See Yellowstone Alpen Guides believes it is important to protect and preserve our national treasures. We generously donate to the worthy Yellowstone Forever, the West Yellowstone Foundation, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, and many other organizations dedicated to protecting the environment.
New York City, New York
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Rave for see yellowstone”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked the grand teton tour with them and regretfully, I had a flight delay(stupid delta) which made us miss our connecting flight to west yellowstone. We were stuck in salt lake city overnight so we missed our grand teton tour for the following morning. They were nice and only charged us $40 cancellation fee instead of the whole $380 as per their policy. I'm still really sad that I missed that tour. I saw their van around in west yellowstone and it looked like it's gonna be a more personalized tour than buffalo bus since it's a smaller vehicle. I will definitely book them again if I go to yellowstone in the future.

Visited August 2012

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Two fabulous tours”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We did both the upper loop and the lower loop on 2 consecutive days. We started with the upper loop tour (the wildlife tour)- the guide was very knowledgable and knew where to take us to see wildlife. We saw bison, elk, a white wolf, eagles and a badger. Unfortunately we never saw a bear and we were informed it was the wrong season for bears as it was too hot. There was a lot of driving in the tour with nothing to see except trees which made it a very long day. The meal we were given was good and there was plenty to eat. The second day we took the lower loop tour which focused on the geysers. The guide (Amanda) was excellent and was able to answer the many questions she was asked. The tour was great fun and was one of the highlights of our whole trip. The lunch we were given was good and plentiful. One of the nicest parts of both tours was the other people we met on both tours.

5 Thank Gaynor5
Canandaigua, New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Well worth the money!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We took all 3 tours.....upper loop, lower loop, and Grand Tetons. The 3 guides we had were very personable and knowledgeable. On these 3 trips we saw almost ever animal that lives in the park, as well as a great overview of the highlight areas. I would highly recommend them to anybody, but especially folks with limited time

Visited July 2012
3 Thank chrisman34
El Segundo, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our 8 hour Private tour was the highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is the only way to do it people! We had a private tour with Mark and we were exceptionally pleased. Our group consisted of 8 (3 moms, 3 -16 yr olds, 1 - 15yr old, and 1 - 12 yr old). I think when I read thru some of the other reviews, they are participating in the budget tours with other groups of people. With a private tour (yes, you will have to pay a bit more - but you def get what you pay for), we had personalized tour. I already researched where I wanted to go and with Mark's input, we had the best trip ever! We made several stops and took numerous pictures. Mark was always pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful (even taking many of our pictures). It helps that we were all fit enough to be able to hike around and see some of the picturesque views that we would never be able to see if we were in the car. Mark knew the highlights and I have nothing but great comments for See Yellowstone -Mark really was the golden asset of this company & represented this organization as A+!!! Thank you for making our trip so perfect.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kristina R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“great Experience!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Just read someone elses review and Im sorry it was bad for them!

But I have to say, I was on it with a driver today (Susie) Which was SO informative and SO interactive and SO polite! I'm just here on buisness and I thought I would do something different and I am SO glad I signed up for this trip! I learned much, much more than if I would have driven around by myself! Sorry if anyone had a bad experience, but ask for Susie to be your Guide! Shes GREAT!
Susie, If you ever see this.. Thanks Again! your the best!

Visited May 2012