“western hospitality with a view”

Bar N Ranch Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bar N Ranch Restaurant has changed the epicurean landscape of southwestern Montana. Offering world-class cuisine to a colorful pallet of visitors has brought to our small mountain community a taste of something wonderful. In honoring the value of tradition while embracing bold and daring ideas, the Bar N has become a landmark restaurant Yellowstone Country. Full bar, exceptional wine list. Dinner & Breakfast Service. Advanced reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

tenderloin spot on, and the duck was very good the skin could have been crisper. all this with a view

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a large group (12 seats plus a high chair) that included 6 children and 3 separate tabs. We called ahead for reservations and had to change them about 2 hours ahead of time. They were very accommodating and had the table ready for us when we arrived. The people were super friendly and super relaxed. Our waitress was Jaime and she was fabulous! Had great running conversations with everyone at the table all evening. Very relaxed atmosphere. Oh, the food? Superb! All I heard around the table were compliments and satisfaction with everyone's meal! Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The most beautiful setting you could ask for. The best buffalo steaks I've ever had.... Buffalo filet mignon that melted in my mouth and a buffalo ribeye that left my father speechless. That isn't easy! The staff is attentive and happy to be there. The place is a little hard to find because it isn't visible from the highway and my gps didn't think the road existed. We found it anyways and I am sooooooo glad we did. Worth every penny!
Now for my constructive criticism that I hope they read. The rolls were beautiful, served in a basket wrapped up in a towel...yet they were stone cold? That makes no sense. The carrots with the meal were not steamed enough. I used my steak knife to cut them and had to catch one from flying across the table it was so hard. It's all good though... I love carrots! But still.
I hope this doesn't deter anyone because the place and food is flat out amazing! Try the huckleberry soda and the huckleberry vinaigrette! (And the Buffalo!!!)

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We came late for dinner at 9:30 closing time is 10 pm. We sat at a window table overlooking the great mountain view. Our server Jamie was excellent. Even though they were getting ready to close we were not rushed at all. The duck wing appetizers were awesome. I had the Buffalo cowboy ribeye it was melt in your mouth. My wife had an awesome filet and my daughter the wild salmon. All the food was prepared excellent and you can tell they use fresh products. This place has a great Montana Ranch feel. I say this is a must dine when you visit West Yellowstone!

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend in West yellowstone and ate at this restaurant with kids and family. Amazing food, great views and very good service. We would definitely go back. The pasta was amazing, so was the Buffalo burger.... The real Montana experience for sure! It's a bit pricey compare to other restaurants in the area, but we'll worth it. You won't be disappointed!