“Lovely decor, food was good, just over-priced”

Bar N Ranch Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bar N Ranch Restaurant has changed the epicurean landscape of southwestern Montana. Offering world-class cuisine to a colorful pallet of visitors has brought to our small mountain community a taste of something wonderful. In honoring the value of tradition while embracing bold and daring ideas, the Bar N has become a landmark restaurant Yellowstone Country. Full bar, exceptional wine list. Dinner & Breakfast Service. Advanced reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The decor is absolutely lovely. Our service was fine and the food itself was good. However it was overpriced for what you got. I paid $15 for a salad that when served was really the size of a dinner salad. And my husband's food had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp while the rest of the dinner was completed. His food was lukewarm. My son's burger looked great though!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We found Bar N Ranch here on Trip Advisor. It was a welcome oasis in the middle of the West Yellowstone food desert. Not only did we have a great meal here, we also had a wonderful experience. It's probably on the expensive side for the town, but it's an upscale place and worth the price.

There was one little issue with our table being in an isolated corner of the room. We weren't happy about that, so the staff bent over backward to fix it. I would recommend making a reservation and mentioning that you want a table with a view. It was our fault for not doing that.

Our server was very attentive, probably one of the best servers I've ever experienced. She made the whole dinner more fun. The views from the dining room are so beautiful. Because it's on a ranch, there's alot of open land all around and mountains off in the distance. The restaurant itself is a fairly new building with some fantastic designer touches. I loved the western decor, the artwork, all the wood and the deep comfy chairs. We had the antelope sausage appetizer, the salmon with passion fruit salsa, halibut with lemon pesto, lemon cake and sorbet. Everything was delicious. We especially liked the huckleberry lemonade. Dinner at Bar N Ranch was a perfect way to spend our last night in town.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Outstanding ambiance. Husband and I had antelope sausage and bison 16 oz rib-eye dinners. Pricey but well worth the cost. The seasoning of potatoes and vegetables was amazing. Service was excellent. Plan on going back one more time before we leave area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

With the astounding views through the huge windows of the teepees on the outskirts of the property ("glamping-glamour camping as explained by our hostess!) and beautiful restaurant and bar, we knew we were going to be treated to a very special dinner in the country near West Yellowstone. My bison was so delicious, and all of our entrees were superb..Of course we also had to try the huckleberry ice cream which was so incredible. There is an extensive wine list and a very innovative menu. For a special dinner, romantic night, or just to enjoy an incredible meal join the friendly staff at this restaurant. You will no be disappointed!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I found this place from the chamber of commerce . I can't not tell you how grand it was, everything was perfect.., highly recommend !!! You will love it!

1  Thank rddwstouy