“Best ranch style breakfast ever”

Bar N Ranch Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bar N Ranch Restaurant has changed the epicurean landscape of southwestern Montana. Offering world-class cuisine to a colorful pallet of visitors has brought to our small mountain community a taste of something wonderful. In honoring the value of tradition while embracing bold and daring ideas, the Bar N has become a landmark restaurant Yellowstone Country. Full bar, exceptional wine list. Dinner & Breakfast Service. Advanced reservations are encouraged.
Chesterfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ranch style breakfast ever”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Bar-N Ranch and had breakfast there 3 days in a row. The food was amazing! Thick and golden brown huckleberry flapjacks were the star of the show! We also had excellent eggs and spectacular hashbrown potatoes - crispy and seasoned just right.

We did not eat dinner there but our friends next door did and said the Pork Osso Bucco (sp?) was really great too.

The decor is really nice ... rustic yet new and fresh. The bathroom sink was a hit with my daughters as was the view around the ranch from three sides of the restaurant.

We would definitely recommend eating there for a slightly upscale breakfast or dinner.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
New York
“Fantastic Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Bar N Ranch is one of the best restaurants in West Yellowstone. You don't get that touristy vibe. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has beautiful views. The breakfast was delicious, the service very attentive and the coffee never stopped flowing. If we were staying longer in West Yellowstone we would have definitely returned.

• Visited May 2013
Payson, Utah
“Fantastic Steak!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

While visiting Yellowstone my wife and I decided to venture out and try a high end steak house. We were not disappointed with Bar N Ranch!

Don't let the long drive into the restaurant fool you, it is open and it is great food. The food is a little pricey, but well worth the money in my opinion. During our next visit to Yellowstone we will be sure to visit again!

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Location but Disappointed in Steaks”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Bar N was recommended to us by other travelers staying at our hotel in West Yellowstone. The restaurant is unique and the location is beautiful. We watched a storm come over the mountains to the west and a beautiful sunset. Our waitress and the host (owner?) were both friendly and accommodating. The wine cellar is very unique with native animals perched on a hill with the cellar inside. The salad and veggies were good, but I was disappointed in my filet, not as tender as I hoped, and my husband's strip steak was overcooked.
I would return for the atmosphere, however.

• Visited September 2012
Minnesota
“Best in the area”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The restaurant has a creative and delicious menu, including local game. It is more expensive than other area restaurants, but I really appreciated the quality of the food and was willing to pay for it. The drink menu was also creative. They have a very good wine list. I follow a gluten free diet, and there were a few options I was able to modify so they were gluten free. We ate there several times, and the speed of the service was usually good and servers were always friendly and professional.

Visited August 2012