Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
I love this place,,so good you wish it was near by that you could go more often

Reviewed September 10, 2018
Dave G
Helena, Montana
Always a Treat!

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Ben E
via mobile

All reviews fudge pre show mary poppins during intermission cast members little mermaid every summer great talent dole whip family tradition singing and dancing peter and the starcatcher entire cast small theatre talented group high energy college kids
Reviewed September 10, 2018

i had a wonderful time,, the kids worked harder than more experienced actors ever do,,i was amazed at how well they perform and entertain you throughout the performance,, the effort put out by them is very apparent it shows,,i would rather go to this and watch the performances than go see regular actors perform,, i have attended many live stage plays in many parts of the country and this is by far one of the most entertaining and they may not be professionals, but they put on a better show than a lot i have seen,,if you go,, you will wish you could go more often and see all the performances,, i swear that you won't be disappointed,, if anyone doesn't enjoy it than they have to be awful damn picky,, simular to anyone that expects a mint on thier pillow when they go tent camping with a sleeping bag,, i love to go to this place and try to go often,, have never been sorry

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Playmill knows how to entertain! First impressions are important, and the outside and inside of their theater are quaint but adorable. Then comes the preshow where were introduced to some of their cast members and they give us a sample of the singing - every one of them every time I’ve been has been fantastic! And I’ve lived in New York and not too far from LA and have been to Broadway productions and what playmill lacks in stage, cast size, and elaborate sets, they make up for in talent and heart. Don’t skip the playmill on your Yellowstone trip; it’s a delectable mixture of nostalgia, joy, and pure entertainment.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I can confidently say I have been to the Playmill every summer in my 53 years, now that may not be true of my first 5 years but I don’t have a summer memory without the Playmill in it. With that said, I have had friends and family as players and was always excited and proud to go and recommend it to friends.

This was an unusual year as we were visiting later in the season and had tickets for the last two nights of the season. The Little Mermaid was a disappointing until about half way through and Scuttles big number saved the production. To be perfectly honest I was a bit concerned about the next night show of Newsies.

Thank goodness, it was everything I have always come to expect from the Playmill. Now just to put it in to perspective, I’m a single mom and I work 3 jobs and it’s an act of Congress to be able to afford a vacation for my family, so dropping the cash to afford the Playmill is a struggle but has become a family tradition not just for me but now my kids. I purchased my tickets in April for Labor Day weekend and had hoped that the high cost of tickets would pale in comparison to the enjoyment at the shows. I am very specific on my seat selection and was encroached on by the size of my seat neighbor. I know it is a difficult situation but the seats tight fit doesn’t allow for this. It was too hot, plain and simple. I bring a fan but try to use it only when the house lights are down as to not to be a distraction. I think stating on your website at point of purchase needs to include a disclaimer of sorts, so people know what to expect as to not be disappointed. Such as:
Average theater temp
Seat dimensions
Concession prices
Run times
Warning of kids

I think a more serious warning at the top of the shows of what constitutes poor behavior by the audience to discourage those disrespectful patrons from ruining the experience for others.

1  Thank Holly B
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Great , I have been going here for 10 years, and the reviews are so good for a reason... Go and you will be a fan like me. Take the time....

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Finding family friendly night time activities can always be a challenge. Spending any extended time in Yellowstone can create a need for more than just ranger talks and drives. That's why the Playmill Theater is such a great option. The theater prides itself on bringing Broadway plays to the park. Not just one play at a time, but three! (this is really good if you need a second night activity and already saw a play). The theater presented Little Mermaid, Newsies, and Annie Get Your Gun while we were there. While the actors may not be equity players, what they lack in experience, they make up for with enthusiasm. The stage may be small, but the cast has high energy and good voices. The pre-show sing along immediately got the audience involved and into the program. Their use of computer generated scenery was effective and added to the story. It's well worth the money - and a not to be missed if you have kids.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We saw Newsies last night!! What a treat!!! Every year I see each of the three plays at LEAST one time!! The actors are so professional and the talent is AMAZING! Six days a week you can see people lined up outside of the theater for the shows!!!
My good friend David Walker was excellent this summer!! What a performance and beautiful voice! Thank you Roger and Heidi Merrill for the Playmill Theater!! The town of West Yellowstone is so fortunate to have this theatre in their town! We have watched Sam, Eliza (fabulous) choreographer, and Maggie grow up on this stage!!
This is a MUST for your bucket list!!!!❤️

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We attended a performance of Newsies last week, it was outstanding!! The cast was phenomenal and the venue was cozy. High energy and amazing talent. We will go again!!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The Plays are Consistently amazing at the Playmill Theater. It is the highlight of every summer. The dancing, singing and acting is incredible. At the intermission the cast sells awesome yummy concessions in character and I think anyone missing out is missing something amazing.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Loved! Loved! Loved! Such an awesome group of performers. And although they had performed twice earlier in the day, they gave it their all and made you feel like you were the most special audience ever. Kudos the these hard working professionals enjoying summer stock theatre!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The okay mill was so much fun. I went with a small group on a date. We enjoyed the fun energy of the show. Highly recommended for all ages.