“All that was missing was a chalk outline of a dead body!”

Yellowstone Country Inn
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel/motel was the worst accomodations I've ever seen. We walked in, caught wiff of the the musty odor, perhaps mold, saw the ceiling in the bathroom that looked like it would cave in at any moment, the peeling paint and the 1990 TV. If that wasn't bad enough, the pillows had old blood stains on them and some other unidentified stains. Needless to say we walked right back out and checked out....they were kind enough to give us our money back even though we booked through booking.com. It was still a hassle. The girl up front was enthusiastic to be there (insert sarcasm) and was busy taking phone calls from her cousin in between helping us out. Worst place ever.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel period!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine O
There are newer reviews for Yellowstone Country Inn

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It had a bed and bathroom, which was all we were after. The heater didn't work so they gave us a space heater and 2 extra blankets. The shower must have leaked at one time because there were water marks on the baseboard in the bedroom and the carpet felt damp. The check-in person was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The condition of this hotel property is was deplorable. I would not want my dog to stay in this property. We looked at 2 rooms. The first was terrible. The door would hardly open over the worn out carpet. The carpet was dirty, stains on the walls, dirty bathroom, poor lighting. The second room we looked at was only slightly better. However, we still felt the room was dirty and the outside entrance did not make us feel safe. The breakfast mentioned as available, was no longer available. The clerk on duty was nice, but was afraid of the manager and said "she was mean".We did not stay here and opted to find accommodations in another property in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose to stayed at this hotel in August 2012 for 3 nights because it was the only one available at that time. Now I understand why.

Terrible experience with the room. Filth, stinky bathroom, dirty carpet, ants in room. Stain on the wall paper, wall paper peeling, mold in bathroom. The light in the room is really dim, so the dirty side of the room hides in the darkness. It is so bad that it did not take long for us to notice. Run down, run down. The exterior pictures of the hotel is alright, but inside is so bad. Also, there is No fitness center. No SPA.
Terrible hotel management. I checked out before 10:10 AM after 3 nights stay. But the hotel later charged me for one additional night, saying I left my bags in the room until the afternoon. It was totally untrue. Because I left the hotel in the morning, and in the afternoon, I was 300 miles away from the hotel. I had to spend a lot of time to dispute with them. The management is a SCAM. Be very carefu!!! And be sure to ask for a receipt when you check out, and keep as the evidence. I want to warn everyone who wants to stay in this hotel for any reason, this is your choice!!!

I give it one star as it is the lowest I can give. Next time visiting Yellowstone, I would not go back to this place even if I have to sleep in the car.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frank y
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We intended to stay for 4 days in Yellowstone National Park, looking for a place to stay over the nights only - therefore we booked Country Inn as one of the more cheap motels at West Yellowstone and located near the center. If you do not expect any hotel-like features (well, they have a small outddoor-pool, but located immediately at the Firehole Avenue) you can find a clean room with functional bathroom. WLAN was very weak and didn't even fit to download emails - the servisce clerk told us they are working on that problem. You can't get any breakfast, but they recommend going to another hotel in the vicinity (White Buffalo) - we got there a breakfast-buffet for about 9 $ per person, may be worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place was horrible. We made our reservation only to find out later we couldn't cancel less than 30 days before arrival..So we kept the reservation..When we arrived, the girls behind the desk was nice, but she was very difficult to understand.. Instead of helping us, she was talking to a customer and trying to get them a room . I could tell by the conversation the other person couldn't understand her either. We were moved three times until they found a room with electrical outlets near the beds.. My husband uses a CPAP at night . When I went to the lobby, the girl handed me a fork.. When I tried to explain there were no electrical outlets, she offered a staple remover. The second room had an outlet on the nearby wall but no electrical current. The third room had a tub that dripped all night and the toilet wouldn't quit running. They advertised 17 television channels.. Normally this wouldn't matter, but the Olympics were on and that channel was not one of the five that came in.. The room was old and musty. The drain in the tub was missing.The only electrical in the bathroom was above the light and there was no fan. This was a terribly expensive hotel and the WORST EVER.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Moldy sink, stinky A/C, no Wi-Fi, inconsistent pricing, recommendation to go eat dinner at a place that closes after lunch, grungy, stained towels, on-site restaurant "closed for the summer. Sorry for the inconvenience."

If I could give negative stars, I would.

I would rather sleep in the car, next time.

P.S. management was non-responsive.

• Stayed: June 2012