“Horrible, not worth the money!”

Yellowstone Country Inn
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Absolutey bad, the rooms reeked of paint fumes and we were not notified of a remodel while booking the room. The staff was untrustworthy and unpresentable. I refused to leave any of my belongings in the room while away and feared that someone would attempt to break into the room at night. This is because the window in the bathroom was broken. Overall this is not a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Looked great online, was horrible when we arrived. Rooms very dirty, footprints on the wall, mold in the ceiling, dirty old carpet. Manager was very nice and empathetic and refunded our money. Needs major renovation.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Joal M
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This was the first time that I was staying in a "motel". So when we got there I was surprised with the room. It wasn't bad. It was clean and well kept. The problem was that your room was about 3 feet from the parking lot. So any time someone came and went you heard every noise. Then when the Harleys left at 5am that was about my final straw. If it hadn't been the only place lelf in town to stay, I would have been moving on.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel is really more of a motel, which is fine as long as you know that is what you are paying for. The room we stayed in, 108, was basically falling apart. The manager took almost 30 minutes to check us in and the restaurant was closed. This place would be fine if you were looking for a medicore motel. After staying here, I would rather have camped. My advice would be to stay away from the Yellowstone Country Inn and spend your money on a different hotel in West Yellowstone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobRoude
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The reservation was made just a few days in advance, so there were very few hotels in West Yellowstone with vacancy. I now realize why this one had rooms left. Trash had been left in the hallway to the room, giving us a pretty bad first impression. The rooms weren't too much better.

The furniture looked like it came from the family's home; it was a bunch of random items just thrown together. A microwave sat on top of a part of an old kitchen counter, an interesting sight. There was no fridge. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet, so I had to pull a pair of flip-flops from my bag. When exposed carpet tacks were found going into the bathroom, I was glad I did.

The sheets weren't changed during our stay, which was apparent due to the muddy shoeprint on one of the pillowcases that remained. We ended up cancelling the last few nights and moved into the park, which was a big relief. It had been a while since I stayed in a hotel with such bad management.

Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed here for one night before heading in to Yellowstone National Park. The rooms were a bit dated and the room felt old, but it worked for the night. Beds were decent. Bathroom needs some work. The shower kept kept changing temperature from burning hot to freezing cold which was really annoying. The hotel offered free wifi but the signal was too weak in our room. It was nice that we could park right outside our room door.

I'd probably give the hotel 2.5 rather than 3. It's good for a one-night stopover but probably wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

What a shame. I saw it online, next to a restaurant, photos were deceiving. Nothing went right, from a loss of reservations, to the room being a dump, the blinds were missing slats, so they didn't even close properly. The restaurant was out of business. No continental breakfast. No change, no copy machine. I had been excited to go there, the rate was lower than any other we'd stayed at.
I could not even unpack my bag. I did not want to sit anywhere. So many problems, we called the hotel across the street and had to pay more, but we were lucky to get any place at all on such short notice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple