“Chinatown in the West”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Food was served very quickly. I was the only non Asian eating in the restaurant, so I guess that speaks to the authenticity and quality of the food. Staff are not overtly friendly, but that was not what I came in for. Not particularly clean and the decor is pretty run down. It may seem odd to have so many Asians in this area until you realize the west was built on the backs of the Asians .

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Miscalculate prices when sum up all dishes, tell us there is state tax which is not true, have charged us 15% tips without telling us (they have a disclaimer on menu, very implicit, at the bottom in small fonts says they will charge tips but who would see that?!) and then let me write tips on top of the 15% without telling me that it's already included, on purpose! This place is awful with dishonest stuff. I will not recommend!

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

One of our party thought this would be a good place as he fancied Chinese food.
My first impression was confirmed more and more as our visit went on.
Service initially was brusque, though that is not unusual in some Chinese restaurants. But most of the staff seemed to be sternly staring at us the whole time.
The food came impossibly quick, literally not even long enough if there were 1 chef per person cooking for just us.
One meal was literally smothered with chilli flakes and sauce, far more than the one chilli on the menu suggested, whereas my one chilli dish had practically none.
The decor by the way has had at least $5 lavished on it in the last 20 years.
The checks came while we were still eating, and some were taken and change given before I had finished eating mine.
I hadn't swallowed the last mouthful before my plate was in the kitchen.

Food was mediocre to passable but service left us feeling very much we'd chosen more wisely.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Apparently restaurants in West Yellowstone leave much to be desired, in general. Overpriced for what one gets. Not all that tasty, very stingy with sauce. Cool service. Probably other places to eat but not Chinese. They all have mediocre ratings.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016

This restaurant is meant for the Chinese tourist. If you are not a Chinese will be wise to ignore this place. The restaurant is below any standard in terms of cleanliness, food quality, seating arrangement, courteousness of the staff. The price is at least 50% more even considering its a tourist place. The frame around the air condition was broken and water seeped out constantly around electricals creating a safety hazard. You are forced to tip what they want as tip, is pre-included in your bill. You feel taken for a ride.

Date of visit: August 2016